Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The best proxy videos and responses?

Go down 
+3
BravoBismuth
TheFallenenvoy
sethlapod555
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

The best proxy videos and responses? Empty
PostSubject: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:47 am

I don't know if anyone has asked this before, but I was very curious as to what you all thought. What are some of the best, unnerving, and creepy proxy videos you've all seen?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:08 pm

I guess youre defining proxy as a mortal third party like everyone else incorrectly does? Razz

OCTADERP DAY HANDS DOWN HURR

but in all seroousness- stanfrederick/wemustcollect and rightangledcosmos hit the spot for me :3
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:06 pm

TheFallenenvoy wrote:
I guess youre defining proxy as a mortal third party like everyone else incorrectly does? Razz

Sorry.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:12 pm

TheFallenenvoy wrote:

Well now I feel silly, because that's the only way I've ever heard the term used in Slender Man media :\
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:06 pm

a proxy is a direct servant. most people ignore that and put a broad stamp on it all Razz
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:41 pm

TheFallenenvoy wrote:
a proxy is a direct servant. most people ignore that and put a broad stamp on it all Razz

That's what I was referring to the first time.
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:36 pm

TheFallenenvoy wrote:

Ah. Well, yeah, that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:53 pm

TheFallenenvoy wrote:

OCTADERP DAY HANDS DOWN HURR

but in all seroousness- stanfrederick/wemustcollect and rightangledcosmos hit the spot for me :3

=D

Owlface wuvs you too, hun =)
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 6:08 pm

TheFallenenvoy wrote:

They do that because "proxy" is a nicer term than "totheark knockoff."
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:15 pm

DaLadybugMan wrote:
TheFallenenvoy wrote:

you dont watch many vlogs, do ya? Razz
Things have changed. deer lort.

EDIT: And to the OP- you've got an issue then, as 25% of video responses and "proxy videos" as you'd call them, arent made by direct servants, merely third parties.
Back to top Go down
Glassbeetles
Observer
Glassbeetles

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:51 pm

I've always wondered how most proxies that wanna troll the vlogger on youtube obtain the account password. It's getting kind of cliche. kind of.

BUT THE OBSERVER'S VIDEOS FROM TRIBE TWELVE ARE THE BEST!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/HEOOIS00A0LIAR00
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:22 am

I always assumed that a proxy is more specific than Just Anyone Else. They would have to be acting on behalf of someone (presumably Ol' Slendy). That's what "proxy" means.
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:34 am

Fotzepolitic wrote:
I always assumed that a proxy is more specific than Just Anyone Else. They would have to be acting on behalf of someone (presumably Ol' Slendy). That's what "proxy" means.

thats what it SHOULD be. but so many people dont get that. apparently the likes of HABIT and roivassevil are proxies in the eyes of a lot of people. thats one inaccuracy too far Razz
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:45 am

I should just change the topic title to "The best cryptic bullshit".
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:42 pm

sethlapod555 wrote:
I should just change the topic title to "The best cryptic bullshit".

Now THAT I can get behind =)

Anyway, I'm a bad person so here's this:

Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:28 pm

TheFallenenvoy wrote:
DaLadybugMan wrote:
TheFallenenvoy wrote:

you dont watch many vlogs, do ya? Razz
Things have changed. deer lort.

EDIT: And to the OP- you've got an issue then, as 25% of video responses and "proxy videos" as you'd call them, arent made by direct servants, merely third parties.

Not many new ones, no. If things have changed, I'll take your word for it. But in the majority of older vlogs (and even some blogs!), the "ambiguously antagonistic character posting cryptic videos on an outside channel" is insanely common. There are a few variations, like the antagonism being blatant (TribeTwelve) or the cryptic videos being posted on the main channel (EverymanHYBRID), and a lot of these characters evolved past that, but it's enough to make me say "oh, it's THAT guy" every time I see him pop up another series.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
questforsanity
Untainted
questforsanity

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:06 pm

I think the best is either KindVonDerRitter or Wemustcollector, TTA use to be scary, however, that was when I believed the mythos were real.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:39 am

questforsanity wrote:
I think the best is either KindVonDerRitter or Wemustcollector, TTA use to be scary, however, that was when I believed the mythos were real.

*WeMustCollect

I couldn't help but correct.

Anyway, I love all of those channels. And I'm pretty sure that everyone has been at that point where they thought the mythos MIGHT be real, like me. The TTA responses still get to me even now, though. I love them so much.

KindVonDerRitter is definitely up there for cryptic-ness and creepiness. Especially the Rainwood one.

WeMustCollect's "DEAR_DIARY" is pretty much one of my favorites so far. The screaming and the stillness of Connor is just chilling.

Yknow, these types of videos have pretty much become an artform for me, like most creepy-esque things are to me. Just the cryptic messages, symbolism, darkness, and creativity used in them are just completely artistic.

Last edited by sethlapod555 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spaced oddly)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best proxy videos and responses?   The best proxy videos and responses? Empty

Back to top Go down

The best proxy videos and responses?
Page 1 of 1