Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Antagonist Video Responses

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
aGamingFish
Anxious
aGamingFish

Current Win Points : 4

Antagonist Video Responses Empty
PostSubject: Antagonist Video Responses   Antagonist Video Responses EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 5:37 am

I was just wondering what everyone thought about about antagonist video responses, or 'Proxy' videos. The videos that a lot of Slendervlog series have, usually containing cryptic text, and clues from the proxies or Slender Man himself. What do you guys think of these? Do you like them/ hate them? Also how do you think they are best done? For example, with lots of distortion/ harsh sound effects, or quiet and creepy? Any fonts you like best for the text?

Pretty much just everything you like and dislike about them, and the best way to do them, in your opinion... Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/GreyPixelFilms?feature=mhee
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Antagonist Video Responses   Antagonist Video Responses EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Not a huge fan; they take me out of the story because then I wonder about the mechanics of a cosmic battle or haunting taking place over the WebberNets. I like something self-contained, generally. And it's weird how the police never get involved, etc.

I do like KindervonRitter's videos, though, because he's something of a troll and I can accept weirdness from him. Also, his videos are pretty sparing and not a huge aspect of the series compared to, say the Observer's videos for TribeTwelve.[quote]

One thing I really don't like about Proxy videos is that they tend to be annoyingly vague; if some had never been put up I doubt it would impact the series at all.
Back to top Go down
Armadeira
Untainted
Armadeira

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Antagonist Video Responses   Antagonist Video Responses EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 2:20 pm

I actually think it depends... i don't like the videos of marble hornets so much because i don't really understand their meaning most of the time, they can be really exhausting and mind blowing... though i watched all totheark videos because they are just a part o the story... most of the i think the videos of tribe twelve though are awesome cause they don't tend to put as much secret codes and stuff into them... actually some of these videos really gave me the creeps, i would really miss those
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Antagonist Video Responses   Antagonist Video Responses EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 4:28 pm

I kind of have a love-hate relationship with Proxy response vids. I'd rather see them have some sort of relevance or hidden meaning (because SYMBOLISM!), or at least taunt/troll the protagonists, but sometimes they don't otherwise seem to have much purpose. I'd rather they stay self-contained in the story as well; that way you can imply that not only is the Proxy keeping tabs on your protagonist, they're also actively screwing with whatever the protagonist is doing...

Then again, I like it when you can read in deeper meanings, because it keeps you guessing. I actually like the secret codes, as Armadeira puts it, because I love unraveling puzzles and noticing stuff. That's part of what makes this Mythos and the video series in it fun for me. I like searching for hidden stuff and little puzzle pieces, I love the speculation. Keeps my mind sharp. So when a Proxy response involves lots of red herrings or little hints, my mind goes wild and I just have fun with it, and that's what I like. I like having the Proxy tease the viewer as much as the protagonists in other words.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antagonist Video Responses   Antagonist Video Responses Empty

Back to top Go down

Antagonist Video Responses
Page 1 of 1