Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slender Series: DarkHarvest00

Go down 
+79
PointlessTest
awkwardraptor
Chieftain1
T-M-S
timeobserver2013
goomba771
SeanPony
JosiahMiller
Mr.Johnapillar
Packfong
BravoBismuth
Rats808
Hooligan Spirit
AlphabeticWar
UncleDark
InkBlots
Malus
sirseansy
apokAlypse
andywarski
xyzombie
britaki
ExorcistGamer
Incognitus999
BananaBrains
Nearnote
SkyCetacean
aelur
Estebanmrqz
TailsFoxy
dhatter
Happy Fan
Shayde
Slendercles
ThyService
DFW
level100nidoking
Geisterdamen
ryantherebel
fastswimmer34
Karanoch
River Song
Vohn_exel
Tahrgat
ChaosGamma
Linners
Verdett
Lero
The_Jewels_91x
sethlapod555
punxtr
lethalullaby
Blue Eyes
ShyRonny
XuchilVith
MadameMiz
Mr. Jeebles
MockingJay
DetectiveP
Crusergirl
Squidmama
thatthingyouhate
AlanAuch
HorrorJuku
DaLadybugMan
Harlan Phoenix
SpecialK
QhaoticZombie
Glomple
Hither-Thither
ParaBellum
Trygon
Zander
LisaEvermore
taylortexas
Nedark
Vivi
Voidmaster
83 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Voidmaster
Anxious
Voidmaster

Current Win Points : 25

Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 Empty
PostSubject: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 12:24 am

Well, this doesn't seem to have a lot to it yet, and it may just end up being a failure, but I thought I would give it the benefit of the doubt and post it up here to see what other people think of it.

Plot set up is pretty basic, dude living in house, weird things start to happen in house, etc., etc.

Actually doesn't get overtly Slendy for a while, and I don't think the ol' tall guy has even shown up in the series yet. Could be wrong though, I've never been particularly good at "Where's Waldo". Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwWf7vLvQn8

Last edited by Vivi on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the series name to thread Title.)
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 4:04 am

Wowee, where to start? The buildup didn't take too long (uploads were brief and to the point without feeling rushed), there was some definite creep factor happening, and the climax to Log #7 was well worth it, I was at full attention, the edge of my seat by the end of it.

I'm not a fan of their distortion, its too loud, too jarring, a tad too cheesey, and i admit I rolled my eyes when I saw the
Spoiler:
But there is much promise to be had so far. The acting isn't too bad, the quality is good, the few scares so far have been legit.

I've got my eye on this one.
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
Nedark
Stalked
Nedark

Current Win Points : 188

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 10:47 am

Well, I've watched the log entries and am somewhat impressed. I like where this is going and the speed they have. However, I do agree that the operator symbol is WAY over used now. However, I think they used it in order to confirm that it is a slenderseries without showing the big guy himself too soon.

As a side note, I found this video as a response to log 6. It seems to be legit, considering
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Voidmaster
Anxious
Voidmaster

Current Win Points : 25

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 11:35 am

Nedark wrote:
I like where this is going and the speed they have. However, I do agree that the operator symbol is WAY over used now. However, I think they used it in order to confirm that it is a slenderseries without showing the big guy himself too soon.

I'll third that the Operator Symbol is rather over used at this point, but I do like the idea of it becoming a way to identify slender shows without Slendy himself showing up. I think it would better serve that purpose by having a small cameo as opposed to what they do here. Like, just scratched on a telephone poll or something that they walk by would be subtle enough and potentially give them a back story to explore(past Slendy encounters in the area).

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
taylortexas
Untainted
taylortexas

Current Win Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:45 pm

I like this one so far, certainly has a lot of potential. Despite jumping straight into the "weird stuff is happening" phase, I think they did a nice job of building it up. There are many tension building shots in the early videos, I was constantly prepared for something to jump out or hear some distortion. I've already stated several times that I don't like the Operator symbol outside of Marble Hornets, but it does work as a "hey, this is relevant to my interests" symbol. I'm interested to see where this Mark twist goes. The video posted from "his" account is odd, who/what the hell is that? It looks like some sort of Slenderhermit.

A recent trend I'm starting to notice is a lack of actually seeing Slenderman. Maybe I'm spoiled from Marble Hornets' approach of immediately revealing him, but nothing truly says "OH SHI-" like spotting him. However, I do understand none of these projects are on a Hollywood budget. I imagine it could be pricey when trying to recreate the embodiment of fear himself.

Subscribed. Looking forward to the next entry.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:28 am

I edited the title of this thread so it has the ARG name and is easier to find, I hope you don't mind.

New video up, but in order to understand what's even going on you sorta need to go back into DarkHarvest's twitter to get the context. (Negative points in that aspect from me. Twitters should be complimentary bonuses, and for announcing videos to come, not vital to a VIDEO series as far as I'm concerned.)
Twitter:
http://twitter.com/darkharvest00
New vid:

There were several things that set off my "cheesey alarm/suspension of disbelief alarm". Particularly the
Spoiler:
Everything seemed to happen pretty fast and so close together, but since they just crossed that bridge of weird, I guess it's a little excusable, if they get back on track anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
LisaEvermore
Taken
LisaEvermore

Current Win Points : 139

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 6:42 am

^I noted that as well.
Spoiler:

But, it is promising. I give any and all Slender Man series the same beginning point and I hope that this one will flourish.
Back to top Go down
http://littlemsgreeneyes.tumblr.com/
taylortexas
Untainted
taylortexas

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:56 pm

Interesting entry. I didn't really notice Slendy anywhere in the video, maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. I assume he's in there somewhere though, hence why the police are starting to take them more seriously. Even more interesting is the response video. "Mark" was standing so close to Chris that entire time. It's pretty eerie. While this one is still getting off the ground, seeing a new entry got me excited. I like this series.
Back to top Go down
Nedark
Stalked
Nedark

Current Win Points : 188

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:17 pm

While I noticed the
Spoiler:
that isn't what really took me out of it. Instead,
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
taylortexas
Untainted
taylortexas

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Nedark wrote:
vuvuzelas

Haha! At one point I thought I heard an oncoming train. I like their distortion, though. It can be pretty startling.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 5:26 pm

I just saw the video response, it hadnt been up last night, I do like this video much more, actually creeped me a tad.

Still, I wonder what's up with this new channel o_o
HOLY SHIAT just watched the last video from it, that I must have missed, from when the dude's room was being broken into - omg faceless guy... but it's not slendy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T6onRAtHFs

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
(in the good way)
This pleases me.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 12:09 am

Eh. Seems like too much of a MH ripoff... And I swear, Slendy has a fascination with people named Alex.
Back to top Go down
LisaEvermore
Taken
LisaEvermore

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:52 am

Vivi wrote:

HOLY SHIAT just watched the last video from it, that I must have missed, from when the dude's room was being broken into - omg faceless guy... but it's not slendy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T6onRAtHFs

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
(in the good way)
This pleases me.

This Slender 2.0 is laughable. He isn't scary or intimidating in the least. Part of Slender Man's power is that suit he wears. A suit denotes power, authority. This faceless guy does not have any power in fact, the wardrobe paired with the way he seems to swing his head around, scanning the room gives off not the power or the authority of a predator, but the cautiousness of the prey.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 4:06 am

Which is why I'm hesitant to think that was slendy at all. If it was, then holy-moly-disappointment. Otherwise, I found it entertaining.
Back to top Go down
LisaEvermore
Taken
LisaEvermore

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 7:13 am

^Entertaining, definitely. Creative, yes. Scary/chilling, no. Not even a little.

I award them at least 5 original creativity points but no creepy/scary/chilling points.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 5:02 pm

New video: maybe I'm a little groggy but i couldn't really pay much attention.
Back to top Go down
LisaEvermore
Taken
LisaEvermore

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 5:57 am

That was brief and almost not worth watching at all.

Also vomiting blood=/=nasal issues. Just saying, vomit originates in the stomach and the nose is far from the stomach. I guess biology is not the key point of interest and I should allow it to slide, but that really got under my skin.

ETA:

Another new video has been added:

Log #9 (12-30-2010 5:04pm)

Ladies and gentlemen, DarkHarvest00 just got interesting. I am glad I stuck around and gave them the benefit of the doubt.
Back to top Go down
taylortexas
Untainted
taylortexas

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:51 pm

A response video:

I was wondering whether that was supposed to be Slenderman at the end of Log #9, I guess this confirms that it was. I liked the atmosphere in #9, I kept preparing to see him hiding amongst the trees. Operator symbol in blood was pretty cheesy, but I'll let it slide. Things are starting to pick up for this series.
Back to top Go down
Trygon
Anxious
Trygon

Current Win Points : 40

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:34 pm

I left my thoughts on #9 in the form of a response to the video.

Needless to say, they really dropped the ball for me. I have little hope for the series if they cannot get a guy to be their Slender Man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.astronomican.com/member.php?374-Trygon
ParaBellum
Untainted
ParaBellum

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:53 pm

Trygon wrote:
I have little hope for the series if they cannot get a guy to be their Slender Man.

Speaking of which...

Back to top Go down
http://slendermanmustdie.blogspot.com/
Hither-Thither
Observer
Hither-Thither

Current Win Points : 89

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Pffft...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://dragonlvrgyrl.deviantart.com
Glomple
Untainted
Glomple

Current Win Points : 18

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Although that was a bad rendition of Slendy, I still really like the series. They're doing pretty well with telling a story, even if Slendy isn't all that great.
Back to top Go down
QhaoticZombie
Watched
QhaoticZombie

Current Win Points : 152

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:53 pm

Only watched Log #10.

Pretty much what Thither said. EXACTLY WHAT THITHER SAID.

Oh, man. That was just......bad.

It LOOKS like it could be interesting.....but, UHG, that Slendy they're usin'...
Back to top Go down
http://qhaoticzombie.deviantart.com
SpecialK
Untainted
SpecialK

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:08 pm

By the way, in reference to Log #9, that giant snow path their following is an Operator's symbol. They are abusing that thing to pieces . . .
This is okay, but their Slenderman is horrid. I hope he's not really a Slenderman, only someones posing as Slenderman, maybe someone he drove insane . . . ? I guess we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Harlan Phoenix
Untainted
Harlan Phoenix

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 10:06 pm

K wrote:
By the way, in reference to Log #9, that giant snow path their following is an Operator's symbol. They are abusing that thing to pieces . . .
This is okay, but their Slenderman is horrid. I hope he's not really a Slenderman, only someones posing as Slenderman, maybe someone he drove insane . . . ? I guess we'll see.

In the latest video, someone may or may not have been posing as Slenderman...but an equally shoddy looking Slenderman seemed real.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slender Series: DarkHarvest00   Slender Series: DarkHarvest00 Empty

Back to top Go down

Slender Series: DarkHarvest00
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next