Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Entry #62 Discussion

Go down 
+30
Cougar Draven
UncleDark
Konaa
Malus
TailsFoxy
EvilRhino229
Moose
KittenZac
MadameMiz
SadDevil
SoulEatingBunny
TheControl
Krywk
quofomo
sirseansy
SunshineShadows
level100nidoking
xyzombie
TheMysteriousLee
Mr.Johnapillar
Incognitus999
Zembob
Pauper
Rythmear
videogamesizzle
Silentstormer
sethlapod555
BananaBrains
The Hunter
KillstheBeat
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 5:07 am

Actually, disregarding secret messages (because let's face it, Jay is Genre Blind Jay for a reason), it was the only option. Jay specifically said in Entry #52 that he came back to the Rosswood Park area. And found Tim. In fact, Rosswood Park and the hospital (that Tim said he'd never go back to) were the only two major areas to be found in season three. And when TTA put up some text on the screen saying, in effect, "LOL WHERE COULD HE HAVE GONE" like some cartoonish villain, there was only one answer that made any damn sense.
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
TheRake
Untainted
TheRake

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 12:19 pm

I agree with others that Jay was a proxy all along. I mean, look at the signs! He disappears for long amounts of time, exactly like Alex did, and his situation is currently EXACTLY LIKE ALEX'S!!! And when you think about what happened to Alex, the signs are clear. Also, I do believe that Hoodie is the leader of the Proxys. It just seems clear. That said, I doubt Hoodies identity is at all important. He's probably just some random guy.
Back to top Go down
NotObviouslyParanoid
Untainted
NotObviouslyParanoid

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:09 pm

I'm a little worried about how Tim is going to handle the situation after this. Poor guy's been through alot. About Jay being a proxy, I think if he's not one now, he's on his way to proxydom... I am curious about who Hoodie is, if his identity even matters, and exactly what his motives are. Are we certain that Hoodie isn't TTA? I'm hardly keeping strait some of the theories going around.
Back to top Go down
TheTaint3d
Untainted
TheTaint3d

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:45 pm

I think EMH sheds some light on various series, with the whole SM giving off sigma radiation. I imagine the pills that show up in MH and the ones the observer gives Noah have a side effect of controlling the symptoms of the radiation.

Also the Dr.Corenthal that's important to TT and EMH created an area he referred to as "His ark" stating "They can't get in here, they've tried, but I hold them back". I can tell he has some importance to the origins of TTA/HABIT and maybe even SM. TTA must think that jay can find a way to enter it, and potentially silence dr.C, the only real threat to them.
Back to top Go down
UncleDark
Anxious
UncleDark

Current Win Points : 16

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 3:49 pm

TheTaint3d wrote:
I think EMH sheds some light on various series, with the whole SM giving off sigma radiation.

Given that Troy and Joseph have been careful to avoid crossover (or even mention) of other Slender Man stories out there, I don't think we can count on the content of other stories/ARGs to be useful in understanding MH.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lonsarver.com
ProHero
Untainted
ProHero

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:59 am

Moose wrote:
I don't think he's going to become a proxy. Recently, I've found my theories shifting to think that Alex is the proxy and that Maksy and Hoodie are trying to help Jay, which is why Alex was so hellbent on maiming/killing masky.
I have read theories about Jay being a proxy himself (or that he is becoming one), so could Masky and Hoody be trying to reverse (or stop) the process???

Edit: Also a reply anyone who has posted about the distortions when Masky is in frame: My theory is that "Sigma Radiation" (as EMH calls it) is slowly adsorbed and after a long period of time being exposed to it you start to emit it (a side effect maybe a split persona (Tim--Sigma Rads-->Masky)). This would also explain why Tim produces more distortion than Hoody as in one Entry Tim states that he has had clustered encounters during his life (presumably some time during his childhood and the filming of Marble Hornets). The pills seem to be the only things that suppress this.

Last edited by ProHero on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't want to double post.)
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 3:39 pm

There are no proxies. Why do people not understand this?
Back to top Go down
UncleDark
Anxious
UncleDark

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:13 pm

Cougar Draven wrote:

"Proxy" is one of those terms that has no singular, official definition; yet everyone uses it like it does.

The Observer and his collective over in Tribe Twelve are classic proxies, in the sense that they work for the Slender Man and share (to some extent) in his powers.

It's likely that the TTA group are not proxies in this sense, but the word gets applied to them even so, because it was invented for them back in the day when everyone thought they were working for Slendy.

Most people just assume that everyone in the discussion shares whatever local definition of the word actually applies. Sometimes that causes confusion.

Personally, when I read "proxy" in reference to a MH character, my brain automatically translates it to "person fundamentally changed by their encounter with the Operator."
Back to top Go down
SadDevil
Observer
SadDevil

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:30 pm

I always thought proxy meant slendy servant/Cryptic video maker.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KriptsTale
UncleDark
Anxious
UncleDark

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:50 pm

SadDevil wrote:

Yeah, but it's now clear that in MH at least, Hoodie and Masky and (probably) whoever TTA is oppose the Operator rather than serve it. So the question is, does it still make sense to call them proxies?
Back to top Go down
SadDevil
Observer
SadDevil

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:15 pm

UncleDark wrote:
SadDevil wrote:

Yeah, but it's now clear that in MH at least, Hoodie and Masky and (probably) whoever TTA is oppose the Operator rather than serve it. So the question is, does it still make sense to call them proxies?
well there's still the cryptic videos.
Back to top Go down
UncleDark
Anxious
UncleDark

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:31 pm

SadDevil wrote:
well there's still the cryptic videos.

True. But the content of the cryptic videos has been anti-Alex, and of all the folks in MH, Alex is actually the one who seems to have the Operator's "good" attention. At least, it scares Hoody and Masky away from him and cleans up his murder scenes.

So whoever TTA turns out to be (I think it's Jay, operating in proxy-like fugue states), they seem to be against Slendy, too.

So, yeah, we could call whoever TTA is/are a proxy because of the vids, but not as agents of the Operator.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:26 pm

UncleDark wrote:
Cougar Draven wrote:

"Proxy" is one of those terms that has no singular, official definition; yet everyone uses it like it does.

The Observer and his collective over in Tribe Twelve are classic proxies, in the sense that they work for the Slender Man and share (to some extent) in his powers.

It's likely that the TTA group are not proxies in this sense, but the word gets applied to them even so, because it was invented for them back in the day when everyone thought they were working for Slendy.

Most people just assume that everyone in the discussion shares whatever local definition of the word actually applies. Sometimes that causes confusion.

Personally, when I read "proxy" in reference to a MH character, my brain automatically translates it to "person fundamentally changed by their encounter with the Operator."

Ugh. See, this is what bothers me about the whole thing. The entire concept of "proxy" being used to describe anyone in Marble Hornets (or EverymanHYBRID or Tribe Twelve, for that matter) depends utterly on an incorrect definition of the word. To be the "proxy" of someone or something, one must needs be a servant thereof. We don't know the intentions of the Operator. Not one iota. So how can anyone be said to be "serving" him? (Also in this instance the only person whose motivations even seem to align with Big O is Alex. But even still he has his own motivations that seem to go beyond, so he's not a true "proxy" either.)

I just hate it when people use the wrong words for things.
Back to top Go down
UncleDark
Anxious
UncleDark

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Cougar Draven wrote:

Me too, but I find shouting into the digital aether doesn't actually change behavior.

I find posting in text-speak to be harder to deal with, personally, but no amount of shouting at my monitor makes people use goddamn English.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:51 pm

UncleDark wrote:
Cougar Draven wrote:

Me too, but I find shouting into the digital aether doesn't actually change behavior.

I find posting in text-speak to be harder to deal with, personally, but no amount of shouting at my monitor makes people use goddamn English.

See, now you're being rational. Don't know if I can deal with that.

But seriously. I know that I can't change the behavior of others, but sometimes you've just got to vent.
Back to top Go down
UncleDark
Anxious
UncleDark

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 4:29 pm

Cougar Draven wrote:
See, now you're being rational. Don't know if I can deal with that.

But seriously. I know that I can't change the behavior of others, but sometimes you've just got to vent.

I have to be rational. Some days, it's the only thing that keeps me from harvesting organs and hanging bags of them from trees. I do understand the need to vent, though.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 5:36 pm

Jay's meeting with Tim tonight.

So... I'm expecting a new entry soon.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:00 pm

Malus wrote:
Jay's meeting with Tim tonight.

So... I'm expecting a new entry soon.

I'm wondering if he will turn into masky or go as Tim. Also where is Jay going to meet him? if its the woods i'll murder someone
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/125961/2446145-1693075_my_body_is_ready_super.jpg

Also, I really hope Jay mentions hoody to Masky. From what I can tell masky doesn't know about hoody yet.
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
SadDevil
Observer
SadDevil

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 9:18 pm

They're meeting downtown by the old antique store. CHECK TWITTER.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 10:54 am

There's always the possibility that since Tim knows about Marble Hornets, Jay can actually tell him straight up "yeah, there's this dude that took all your meds, man."
Back to top Go down
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 10:59 am

I really hope Jay starts being more honest, now that he really can't hide anything. He ALWAYS pissed me off when lying to Tim. As if Tim doesn't have enough bullshit to deal with anyways.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:22 am

Jay's just not a good ally.
Back to top Go down
TheControl
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:12 pm

xyzombie wrote:
I really hope Jay starts being more honest, now that he really can't hide anything. He ALWAYS pissed me off when lying to Tim. As if Tim doesn't have enough bullshit to deal with anyways.

Yeah, Jay being honest might have made the whole ordeal go over better.... but I can speak for myself and say that if I was Jay and had to deal with all the shit he's had to go through (the fact that he did a lot of it to himself notwithstanding), I'd probably either lie or hide the whole truth to whoever I thought might turn out to be an ally,but then you's still have to deal with the whole "yeah, I shouldve told you this sooner later on". And I'm not so sure if Jay pulling out an iphone and showing tim "Hey, dude, you're kinda under some kind of mind control or have an alter ego. Dont believe me? Look at this..." *pulls up the entry where Jay first encounters Masky or the entry where Alex crushes Tim's leg* (18 and 35?)

But anyway, hopefully Jay will have the next entry up soon. His more intelligent alter ego, Troy, has already posted a screenshot on his twitter. But it could be kinda spoilery, as Troy points out
Back to top Go down
TheRake
Untainted
TheRake

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 1:40 pm

New Entry!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entry #62 Discussion   Entry #62 Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Entry #62 Discussion
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3