Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Need advice on what to do with my Slender Vlog!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CYellow
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

Need advice on what to do with my Slender Vlog! Empty
PostSubject: Need advice on what to do with my Slender Vlog!   Need advice on what to do with my Slender Vlog! EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 2:35 pm

Well, I began making a Slender Vlog about 2 months ago called chromeyellow1968 (not allowed to post link for 6 days, so just search for it), and after reviewing everything I've done so far (which isn't a lot), I realized that I jumped the gun way too fast on this, as in, the, "something's not right," aspect was introduced way too early. Also, the fact that I switched from editing on a PC to a Mac doesn't help, either. Should I continue on making this series on the same channel? Or should I start fresh?
Back to top Go down
Zephyr_Mal
Untainted
Zephyr_Mal

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what to do with my Slender Vlog!   Need advice on what to do with my Slender Vlog! EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:22 pm

1. How much has switching to a Mac negatively affected your editing quality? Moving the plot forward too quickly is easily excusable and most reasonable people will overlook it if you don't continue the trend in future entries.

2. How many entries have you posted so far?

Last edited by Zephyr_Mal on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
Back to top Go down
CYellow
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what to do with my Slender Vlog!   Need advice on what to do with my Slender Vlog! EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Zephyr_Mal wrote:
1. How much has switching to a Mac negatively affected your editing quality? Moving the plot forward too quickly is easily excusable and most reasonable people will overlook it if you don't continue the trend in future entries.

2. How many entries have you posted so far?
1. Very much so. I'm trying to get Sony Vegas on my Mac, which would be helpful, but for now I am learning Final Cut Pro.

2. 3 Entries (or Reels, in my case). I feel like I really didn't give enough explanation.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr_Mal
Untainted
Zephyr_Mal

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what to do with my Slender Vlog!   Need advice on what to do with my Slender Vlog! EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:53 am

I'd say it's up to you. If you think that the series will only continue on a downward trend, delete it and start over. If any viewers ask why, explain and direct them to the new channel.

You haven't reach the point where starting over is no longer viable. If you think it's the best option, go ahead. Your viewers will quickly forgive you if you trade a little bit of time for positive long-term quality.
Back to top Go down
Mortisyn
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what to do with my Slender Vlog!   Need advice on what to do with my Slender Vlog! EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Just watched what you have so far, and i think that although you go straight into it, I wouldnt say that you have given away too much yet.

Maybe intersperse these with another format, maybe even you filming yourself discussing the reels as you do them.

It allows you to break from the routine a little, introduce yourself as a character, and offer a different video type to the 'action' videos if you see what i mean?

All just ideas, and like i said, I think you have done quite well with what you have so far, so i wouldnt worry
Back to top Go down
http://just-waiting-to-be-found.blogspot.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what to do with my Slender Vlog!   Need advice on what to do with my Slender Vlog! Empty

Back to top Go down

Need advice on what to do with my Slender Vlog!
Page 1 of 1