Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame

Go down 
+22
Katarsus
guitargodd97
BravoBismuth
Outlander
xyzombie
Etreo
Hooligan Spirit
Huaimoitu
EaterOfWorlds
ahk Tan
RobertCouch
Xilaya
TWS1
miketow123
TheFallenenvoy
Voidmaster
SunshineShadows
ChewieV2
The Slenderfreak
level100nidoking
EvilRhino229
Royal Flush
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Royal Flush
Anxious
Royal Flush

Current Win Points : 7

Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame Empty
PostSubject: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:39 pm

So in my digital design class we are making board games, my group decided we wanted ours to be unique and acquire some thinking. After a few decisions and disagreements I mentioned, "Hey, why don't we make a board game based on Slenderman?" My group was a little confused and one obviously said, "Well, how are we going to do that?" I reminded them about the viral game Slender and I said we should loosely base are style on the antics of that game. After some harsh rule development and sketches we finally have our rough draft of our pieces, board, rules, and etc.

Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame U0Rmm

Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame RAtWm

Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame T2Sos

Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame CGM3x

In a short run, You have to go around the different areas (Abandoned House, Grave yard, Junkyard and guest house) to find car parts to be able to start the broken down car in the junk yard to escape the estate.The Slenderman piece is controlled/moved by the cards with the operator symbol. They will say for example: "Move Slenderman 4 Paces north 5 paces east" believe it or not, he will seem to follow a player in the game, its very creepy and has you freaking out. You cannot be within one or two spaces of Slenderman (if you are you will lose a turn and be brought back to start while loosing all your car parts). The cards with the target on the head are the player cards that have like witty scenarios like you fell, loose a turn, etc. They also indicate or not if you receive a car part.

It's really fun so fun so far and we cannot wait for the final product! I hope you guys enjoy what we have too plus critiques would help as well!

Artwork, such as: The Character Game pieces, Logo, and Player cards (except for the operator one Tabitha did that one) and special places on the game board are done by me
Tabitha did the board such as the eerie grass part on placing it all together as well as rules and card options.
Dallas did the junkyard and the car and is working on the box art.

Last edited by Royal Flush on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/davincimedici/
EvilRhino229
Observer
EvilRhino229

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 3:40 pm

I'd suggest a proxy sort of thing, I suppose where one player is a proxy and tries to hinder the progress of the others without letting on to that fact.
All the cool kids are doing it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/VaderforprezAZ09?feature=mhee
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 4:44 pm

I would buy this so much. I would buy 8 of it just to say that I owned it. Then I would buy a 9th one to play it with my friends.

DISCLAIMER: By friends I mean my cat
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
The Slenderfreak
Anxious
The Slenderfreak

Current Win Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:26 pm

I want this to be awesome so much. I wish I had thought of it myself (we had a similar assignment in my game design class). that would have been AWESOME to show our teacher. you'll have rules and stuff ready at some point, right?
Back to top Go down
Royal Flush
Anxious
Royal Flush

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:35 pm

The Slenderfreak wrote:
I want this to be awesome so much. I wish I had thought of it myself (we had a similar assignment in my game design class). that would have been AWESOME to show our teacher. you'll have rules and stuff ready at some point, right?

Yes, Tabitha is currently revising the rules. After are beta test on Friday and today we realized that we need to make Slendy move more than he should as well as minus penalties so that the game is possible to beat (it was really tough with our rough draft).

When its all finished, I am gonna post all the images here.
Those shapie marker marking you see on their are places on the board and things we need to put on the final product, those allow Slendy to move more and have the game be more dramatic. This is a really fun game and we are really ahead! If we keep working like we do we might have it done by the end of the month or sooner.

EDIT: Oh plus right after the finished product is graded our next job is to create it into a web app. Which means yes you will be able to play it in digital format with with all your friends (4 player max)
Back to top Go down
ChewieV2
Observer
ChewieV2

Current Win Points : 57

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 6:48 pm

Flush, this looks like a decent, well thought out game. It also looks fun and it would be pretty popular. May I suggest a kickstarter?
Back to top Go down
Royal Flush
Anxious
Royal Flush

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:18 pm

ChewieV2 wrote:
Flush, this looks like a decent, well thought out game. It also looks fun and it would be pretty popular. May I suggest a kickstarter?

Oh ho ho ho, wow really? You guy's think it would be that popular even for a kickstarter? Geez where just Seniors in Highschool in a Design lab. I mean I pretty sure my teacher and group will really like this. I'll show this to them Tuesday (tomorrow) and see what they thank.

haha wow thanks!
Back to top Go down
ChewieV2
Observer
ChewieV2

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:23 pm

Well I'd definitely buy it.
Back to top Go down
SunshineShadows
Anxious
SunshineShadows

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:08 pm

This sort of reminds me of the doll house in CaughtNotSleeping.

I live the idea though, A++, would buy.

Also, I really like the player/slendy pieces. I really want this to be a thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.magickalnerd.tumblr.com
EvilRhino229
Observer
EvilRhino229

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:29 pm

So, if you decide to give the characters names, you can not name one of them Alex. This is imperative.
Or perhaps you can do it as an homage to the Slenderverse. And to see who understands it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/VaderforprezAZ09?feature=mhee
Voidmaster
Anxious
Voidmaster

Current Win Points : 25

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:24 pm

I second the kickstarter request. I'd definitely love to buy this! Really good job with everything, it all looks really good!
Back to top Go down
Royal Flush
Anxious
Royal Flush

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:48 pm

EvilRhino229 wrote:
So, if you decide to give the characters names, you can not name one of them Alex. This is imperative.
Or perhaps you can do it as an homage to the Slenderverse. And to see who understands it.
Actually the characters are the people in our group! We put ourselves into the game. A girl in the lab volunteered to be the 2nd female character
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 4:02 pm

I would fund it.
gimme a kickstarter.
Back to top Go down
miketow123
Untainted
miketow123

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 11:00 am

looks really cool. maybe what you could also do, is have different objectives for different lengths and styles of games. like there could be assemble the car, collect 8 pages, find the proxy, catch slender man, and more!
Back to top Go down
Royal Flush
Anxious
Royal Flush

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 2:08 pm

miketow123 wrote:
looks really cool. maybe what you could also do, is have different objectives for different lengths and styles of games. like there could be assemble the car, collect 8 pages, find the proxy, catch slender man, and more!
The game is a chore to finish, we're trying to make it a bit easier to complete (but, not to easy of course). Our instructor doesn't want us to make a long game since, well y'know people will loose interest. Plus our rules are in final right now for our production. Maybe if we get the game a Kickstarter we may be able to rearrange somethings.
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 2:17 pm

and honestly...proxies wouldnt be fun. neither would nods to Slender or being able to "catch" an eldritch being Razz
Back to top Go down
Royal Flush
Anxious
Royal Flush

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 10:30 pm

TheFallenenvoy wrote:
and honestly...proxies wouldnt be fun. neither would nods to Slender or being able to "catch" an eldritch being Razz

Plus with this just being a boardgame it would be really hard to implement such action.
Back to top Go down
TWS1
Untainted
TWS1

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Shut up and take me moneiz
Back to top Go down
ChewieV2
Observer
ChewieV2

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:32 am

I'm actually really excited about this. Let me know if you ever do start a kickstarter and I'll make sure the entire Irish gaming community hears about it.
Back to top Go down
Xilaya
Untainted
Xilaya

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 5:40 am

... Yes please, I reallyreally want to play this game....

It looks really fun!
I'll even help bringing it to the mainlands of Europe (Germany, France etc) XD
Back to top Go down
RobertCouch
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Hey man, I agree it looks like you've got a great game going there. I'm an aspiring game designer myself and it's always encouraging to see someone else going for it. Good luck!

I actually came to this forum looking to learn more about the Slender Man for a game idea I have. But I need to do a lot of reading and learn a lot more before I bog everyone down with my stuff.

Still, keep it up! Best of luck with the game!

Rob
Back to top Go down
http://www.buildingthegamepodcast.com
Royal Flush
Anxious
Royal Flush

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Tomorrow we will have the finished print and game all together! I'll be posting pictures of the final product hopefully by tomorrow!

And my instructor has yet to ask her boss about the kickstarter! Hopefully she will say yes!
Back to top Go down
Xilaya
Untainted
Xilaya

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 6:35 pm

I can't wait to see this =D

best of luck with the kickstarter!!!!
Back to top Go down
Royal Flush
Anxious
Royal Flush

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:47 am

Ok so we DO have the whole game printed out, it looks good and we are ready to mat it and everything. However, we do have have adhesive! So we cannot mat the board today. The Juniors used it all up on accident Dx

We will mat by Monday (hopefully) and get you guys the pictures! I'm so sorry that this is taking longer than usual!
Back to top Go down
The Slenderfreak
Anxious
The Slenderfreak

Current Win Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Royal Flush wrote:
Tomorrow we will have the finished print and game all together! I'll be posting pictures of the final product hopefully by tomorrow!

And my instructor has yet to ask her boss about the kickstarter! Hopefully she will say yes!

Along with al that, could you please, PLEASE (!) give us the rules as a download link or something, and a scan of the board? I REALLY want to try this out as soon as possible. Your game has given me some faith in the Slenderverse again, and I have plenty of friends who would love to play this (in addition, I have a local game store that has tables for free gaming in the back, an excellent resource to try your game). If this thing gets off the ground more than it has already, and I can actually test it out, I will be sure to tell you what people thought of it (and any rule changes that we think would be good, if you're up for that). but seriously, I want this to succeed so much ( i would kickstart this, but I am a stereotypically broke teenager, so the least I can do wold be play the thing and get the word out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame   Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame Empty

Back to top Go down

Acreage a Slenderman Boardgame
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next