Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Why is there no Slenderman Comics?

Go down 
+7
ShadowedStranger95
sethlapod555
TheFallenenvoy
InkBlots
level100nidoking
Death
LostSkeleton
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LostSkeleton
Anxious
LostSkeleton

Current Win Points : 24

Why is there no Slenderman Comics? Empty
PostSubject: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Of all the things that slenderman has spread out too from blogs, video series to video games, and even full feature films, it seems that one form of media has lagged behind.

This is a real surprise seeing how a vast number of slenderman fans either like writing stories or drawing. I mean it does take a lot of effort and time to make a comic, especially by yourself, but you think some one would have done it by now? Is there any slenderman comics/mangas at all? If not, can we fix this problem?
Back to top Go down
Death
Observer

Current Win Points : 73

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Because Slender Man is less scary if you can look at him as long as you'd like, I would think.
Back to top Go down
LostSkeleton
Anxious
LostSkeleton

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:55 pm

Death wrote:
Because Slender Man is less scary if you can look at him as long as you'd like, I would think.

So would pausing a marble hornets video to look at slendy fall under the same idea?
Back to top Go down
Death
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:03 am

Well yeah. Still image not as scary as the split second shot you may or may not have really seen.
Back to top Go down
LostSkeleton
Anxious
LostSkeleton

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:12 am

But it still can be scary right? I mean there are hundreds of slenderman photos made by people from all over. Some have make him hardly visible and other place him right in the front. Yet these can still be scary, and its also bout the story ...well too an extent. If some one can make a good horror story and than illustrate it to a point in which the fear isn't lost entirely a comic can be made than about slenderman.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:27 am

Theres no way that could... wait a minute...

holy shit... that might be crazy enough to work
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
Death
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:35 am

Ah and herein lies the problem. The reason those still images work is the same reason vlogs work as compared to movies. Brevity. When you look at this:
Why is there no Slenderman Comics? Slenderman-2-784777
The reason it can be scary is because you have absolutely no context for it. And the context given tries to hand wave it, which simply increases the potential paranoia. It's brief, and it makes you think about horrible possibilities. Quoth the TVTropes: Nothing is Scarier.

That said... it is possible to make one work. But it'd be incredibly difficult, and you'd need better balance than water.
Back to top Go down
InkBlots
Untainted
InkBlots

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 8:38 am

Someone on the reddit Slender Man community is working on one actively.
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:03 am

yes but the slenderman reddit is a piece of shit where everyone has a "real encounter" every other day.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:21 am

TheFallenenvoy wrote:
yes but the slenderman reddit is a piece of shit where everyone has a "real encounter" every other day.

That's not necessarily true. It's just like every other forum, including this one. Ignorant people post about their "real" encounters, where some people play along and some bash them for it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
ShadowedStranger95
Watched
ShadowedStranger95

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:29 pm

I've been reading one called "Optimist Park" on deviantART and I know that Lillylil is coming up with one. Depending on the genre some of the ones less heard of are so because they can be intended as scary and turn out crap or intended as cute/funny and turn out once again, crap. Still, maybe someone'll make a really good one at some point.
Back to top Go down
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 3:23 pm

I've done one-shot comic strips or a single page of an idea, but nothing extensive. I plan on a couple comics but I can't sustain long comics, so they'll be shorter and won't be series. I only have two real ideas I think are worth pursuing:

1. So a young woman is running through the woods, being tormented and led into a trap by the Slenderman; he's popping up to scare her and herd her to the killzone where he finishes his victims off. In the last moment, something would appear and intercept the kill; Slenderman realizes too late that something else has been lurking, and it was using the girl to distract him and lead him into an even bigger trap. This entity does not care about protecting us, but rather uses us as bait to draw the Slenderman to him. I think I would end the story with the idea that Slendy has finally found the Perfect Rival. He gets to struggle and thrive again, instead of merely stalk and slaughter. But he does find himself to be to the entity the way so many people are to him. Still, he's hard to terrify. He does start to study human beings and how we endure his presence, though. Two or three humans in particular would live on his sufferance as he learns more about being prey. It would be a very shaky neutrality and he'd struggle with keeping it. The humans would have no clue what was going on, but they'd be intimidated.

2. The other would be called Sleep of Nightmares or something similar, about a girl who sleeps but never really sleeps because she dreams about a forest; every night she has to contend with the Slenderman. When she wakes up, all injuries she's sustained in her dream stay with her, and he's standing at the foot of her bed. Each night, upon awakening, he's standing a little closer. Eventually there would come a reckoning where one morning she'd open her eyes and his blank face would be hovering right next to hers. Now the dream is over and this is the real encounter.

If I do these it would take forever, though; I'm not a very prolific comics artist.
Back to top Go down
ChaosGamma
Observer
ChaosGamma

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 3:50 pm

It's interesting for me to see this, as I happen to be working on getting a Slender Man comic up and running. Although, it's not a horror story, per se. Neither is it really an actual Slender Man story; at least not if you're thinking of something in any way similar to the regular blogs/vlogs.

But it's a comic. With Slender Man. And other mythos elements. But it won't be starting for... awhile. Within the next couple months. Probably.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:01 pm

Are you talking like a serious comic, or a spoofy one? Because I would put both in my favorites so fast. The only problem is you can't make a drawing look glitchy. XD

All joking aside though, I thought there was one out there... but the link to it seems to be broken. Found it on the Tumblr All About Slenderman, but I don't think that it's actually going anymore, if it was. Supposedly would update on Monday evenings... A shame I can't find it!

I think the problem is if you don't make it a humorous webcomic and go the serious route, you'd have to pick a story to match, or almost play it like an ARG... wait that's actually a great idea! Very Happy You could hide clues, red herrings and clickable or mouse-over things in the strips and get the readers involved!

... I kind of do wanna see a comic about Slenderman and his Proxies though. That would be cool. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:05 am

Didn't know where else to put this. I have a little comic strip involving Slenderman.

Sample:

Why is there no Slenderman Comics? Splendorman___by_angmarbucket-d5mz4to

HERE

The description:

"The Slenderman, it is said, would often lure the little children to him with kindness and a soothing voice. Some perished. Others he entertained a friendship with, until he grew bored or hungry. Perhaps one or two he spared. This is one."
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Is he 'frowning' in that last panel? Because I get the idea he is, while thinking, "Um, no. Not like that at all, little girl." XD

Or was the child actually expecting Splendor Man instead of Slendy? Because that would make sense too.

I always thought that Slendy probably did have a half-love-half-hate relationship with the kids he took, and that it would likely depend on the child. he always struck me as both a boogeyman and an imaginary 'friend', so to speak. Maybe some children he seriously could not stand, (perhaps because they were too loud?) and therefore killed off. Some might end up fearing him and as a result become meals. Although others... other, possibly quieter children, he might spare until a later date... or until they grew up and forgot all about him, thinking he was merely an odd imaginary friend... Somehow, I think he might 'like' quieter, more introverted children, those that are artists and deep-thinkers, in preference to more extroverted and loud children. Of course, that's if he's capable of 'liking' anything at all.

I don't know. Honestly, if I really had to pin a more human personality on Slendy (which is extremely difficult since he's not human anyway), I'd say he's probably more introverted. Maybe even introspective, if he's intelligent enough to introspect...

The comic strip's very cute, by the way. :3 I like the soft grey pencil you use, and the curved art style. Also, I find it interesting you use no words in your strips; it seems a bit more poignant that way, and you tell the story well enough without words that they're unnecessary. I like it, going to update in the future? Smile
Back to top Go down
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:05 pm

I plan on updating but I've learned from previous attempts at comics not to put a schedule up XD.

In the panel you're asking bout, he's actually very angry but no, I didn't make him express it beyond the dark anime lines. I wish I could have expanded more on it, but essentially she's drawing him as Splendor Man because she just thought, "Wouldn't it be cool if he were happy and fun and not distant and mean?" So oops, I kind of implied that she invented Splendor Man. And the Slenderman's reaction is basically, "UNNACCEPTABLE, CHILD."
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Hahaha, before you said that I actually thought he had the biggest sad mouth.
But now I see it's just his chin seen from below.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:55 pm

I don't honestly get the impression that your Slendy here is "mean" so much as "stoic and very serious". Although to a child, stoicness and aloofness could come off as meanness, so it makes sense.

I also love how vain your Slendy is, from the little "hey, that's me!" when the girl is looking in the book about him and he notices in the one strip, to the "here's a pencil, now draw me, child" in another strip. You get the impression that he's badass creepy with unlimited power and he knows it.

Also I really, REALLY love the way you draw Slendy. It's a nice blend of angles and curves and sharp lines that really works well. And it's a reminder that at some point in time I should post some of my own SlenderArt...
Back to top Go down
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:03 am

He's not overtly mean in the comics so far, but I have a whole backstory where he gets progressively meaner and meaner until the poor girl could make a vlog when she hits her twenties...but that's backstory. I don't know how the comic will evolve since it's rather "slice-of-life" despite everything. I imagine he either scared her off or stormed off after the Splendor Man thing, which would, as you say, be magnified in a child's view.

Thank you for all the kind words! <3
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Either way, this is going in my faves for my webcomics. Yes, I have a whole folder in my browser just for webcomics. This one's going in there, because I love it. With all of my cold, black heart. ^w^
Back to top Go down
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:12 pm

You gotta check this person's Slenderman comics out:

http://fav.me/d5p8u0p

http://fav.me/d5pop4b

http://fav.me/d5qrk7f
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:36 pm

^ Those were rather cute. Which is odd, to say the least, when we're talking about Slendy.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:47 pm

That was ridiculously cute. :3

Slenderman should not be cute.

Unless you are this person and can pull it off.
Back to top Go down
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:42 pm

I fully believe he would slap a bird.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no Slenderman Comics?   Why is there no Slenderman Comics? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is there no Slenderman Comics?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next