Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Copyright question

Go down 
+16
Zander
SeanPony
Etreo
Alder
Omega
Tiq
sethlapod555
eudaemon
DarkShadows
Fotzepolitic
SimonJohnCox
level100nidoking
Death
Cougar Draven
BananaBrains
Royal Flush
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SeanPony
Untainted
SeanPony

Current Win Points : 3

Copyright question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Copyright question   Copyright question - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Re-watching the Marble Hornets dvds the other day and it turns out they never actually say Operator but it does appear in Totheark's videos and Alex scrawls it on a page in one entry, unfortunately I can't remember which one but I'm pretty sure it was in season 2 which at least narrows it down. So yeah marble hornets seem to protected by their own copyright because of that anyways. Also it seems that way with the more well known ARGs like when in Tribe Twelve Noah sometimes refers to him as der großmann instead of Slender man, just a thought! Smile
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Copyright question   Copyright question - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Well most of the lesser-known series I've watched do call him "Slenderman".

And yeah, as I recall Alex does scrawl a Copyright question - Page 2 133290 and write down "Operator" on one sheet. I myself can't recall the exact Entry either. I want to say it was the same one where he shows up in the corner of Alex's lit bedroom, makes the camera footage blur and slowly desaturate/darken, and then disappears him. I remember the effect but not which Entry, and I might be very wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: Copyright question   Copyright question - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:52 pm

I'm pretty sure there's at least one video where they name him the Operator verbally. I think it's somewhere in season 2 or the current one. They've never called him Slender Man though, and I think Victor Surge is okay with MH at this point anyway.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Copyright question   Copyright question - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:01 pm

As far as I know though, Victor Surge is divorced from the Mythos and honestly has no interest in it anymore. I'll return to my past point and say I'm pretty sure he just left the character open for anyone to use...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Copyright question   Copyright question - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 1:35 pm

That would be awesome.

He hasn't posted on deviantArt for almost a year on the 26th. But the statement about Slendy being copyrighted is still there.:

Quote :
"Just as as a general note. I am not given out any specific permissions to write stories about Slender Man (apart from for your own pleasure for yourself/friends) for very good reasons that I cannot discuss.

Note: This also includes movies/television, etc."
Back to top Go down
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

Current Win Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: Copyright question   Copyright question - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:57 am

Well, we do have wonderful people who save series so if they disappear or Surge returns with a vengeance taking on ALL of us for the small amount of money we have...
There will be a surge (hah, see what I did there) of insane backlash and hate.
And personally, I'd just feel sad.
I mean the guy spawned a fictional universe...how could you destroy that?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TrialofLeaves?feature=watch
TheArmadaBledd
Anxious
TheArmadaBledd

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Copyright question   Copyright question - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:10 am

On the original subject of all this, I just wonder what would happen if the first guy who made up the legend of Bigfoot tried to claim copyright? I imagine he'd be laughed at in such a way as to make national headlines.
Back to top Go down
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

PostSubject: Re: Copyright question   Copyright question - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:37 am

TheArmadaBledd wrote:
On the original subject of all this, I just wonder what would happen if the first guy who made up the legend of Bigfoot tried to claim copyright? I imagine he'd be laughed at in such a way as to make national headlines.

Hahaha. Yeah... then people go..."Sasquatch...entirely different...dont get us started on Yeti"
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

PostSubject: Re: Copyright question   Copyright question - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:38 am

Loch Ness Monster? FORGET IT.
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

PostSubject: Re: Copyright question   Copyright question - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:00 am

The Doctor wrote:
Loch Ness Monster? FORGET IT.

I'm so sure someone's TRIED haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Copyright question   Copyright question - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Copyright question
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2