Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slender Investigation

Go down 
+2
Nedark
SurvivorXProductions
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SurvivorXProductions
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

Slender Investigation Empty
PostSubject: Slender Investigation   Slender Investigation EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:50 am

Hello all! Very Happy
My uncle and I recently started a Slender series.
We have 4 episodes out so far, and more along the way.
(some things came up recently and we were unable to film as scheduled, but we will continue as soon as possible)
The first 2 episodes feature Slender Man himself.
I'll admit right off the bat that they are just images we edited in.
The guy who was supposed to play Slender Man didn't show up and gave no reason as to why and STILL hasn't to this day Evil or Very Mad
We were ready to film, so we figured why the hell not?
But don't worry, we have a new guy! Wink
Anyways, enough of that.
Here's our first video:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[WARNING]
Episode 4 is boring ._.

If you enjoy what you see in episode one, please continue watching, subscribe, like, and leave comments! It would be greatly appreciated Smile

Thank you for your time,
~SxP
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/survivorxproductions
Nedark
Stalked
Nedark

Current Win Points : 188

PostSubject: Re: Slender Investigation   Slender Investigation EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 11:05 am

Alright, so I'm going to be doing a commentary on this as I watch it, hopefully you'll be able to pull some useful feedback from it.

Investigation Day #1 - Long Limbs, Black Suit, Pale Skin
Already obvious it's a slenderseries (going solely off the title) which can be a good thing. I'll have to watch the rest of the video to find out.

Okay, so this guy seems pretty agitated about... something. It isn't clear what's really bothering him (good thing) but his lie also isn't that clear (why does he want to check on the dogs?).

It's hard to see anything, most of the footage doesn't follow the beam of the flashlight. On top of that, I couldn't tell that they were looking at a paper in the trees until the static cleared. Moving onto the paper itself, I'm getting a definite "Slender" vibe from it (and by 'vibe' I mean 'pretty obvious reference'). Whether intentional or not, I'm hoping the series veers away from that. Also, the operator symbols on it; I'm not sure if this has become acceptable/normal over the time I've been out of the mythos, but Operator symbols are generally to be avoided as 1). they're iconic to Marble Hornets which leads to 2). It has yet to be revealed what it actually does by Marble Hornets. But that's also something of a pet peeve of mine.

Paper number two. I like how the paper is now inside the house- no wait nevermind, it isn't. Just as an aside, having it been posted inside the house would definitely been creepier, but seeing as you already filmed that episode, I'm not sure how useful this tip will be.

Heard what too? Had to go back and replay it (as it sounded like one of the character's making noise), but now I get it.

Good, camera man has the flashlight now. Should hopefully be able to follow the beam better and actually see stuff. Aaaaand just like that he gives the light back.

As for the thing the camera can't pick up, I'm not sure if there was actually something there we were supposed to see or not. Either way, it's understandable that the camera can't see it, I've had the same issue. Technology's a bitch.

Barn? There's a barn over there? I can't see it unless it's that small light in the upper left corner...

I can't even tell what they're looking at at this point, even with the flashlight beam on screen.

Ah, there's the barn. Right in front of us. Looks like they did have bolt cutters. I'm hoping it's not slendy that needed bolt cutters to cut the lock. Ohhhh, They had the key. Better than bolt cutters, as now it could be someone they trust laying these notes around (still hoping it isn't slendy that needed to unlock something instead of teleporting right in).

Open the door, open the door, open the door. They're opening it, aaaaannnndddd... it gets stuck. Well, that was anti-climactic.

Ohh, I did like the flashlight turning on and off at the end. That was a nice touch.

Well, that's it for this episode. I'll either edit this post for the next episode or make a new one, not sure which.
Back to top Go down
SurvivorXProductions
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slender Investigation   Slender Investigation EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 10:57 pm

You do know you can say if you like it or not, right?
You don't have to give a long drawn out play by play review.
The inspiration for this was The Blair Witch and MarbleHornets.
I couldn't even be bothered to read your entire review due to it stating EVERYTHING that happened.
It was long and boring.
Back to top Go down
Hooligan Spirit
Anxious
Hooligan Spirit

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Slender Investigation   Slender Investigation EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:21 am

What's with all these new people and their inability to take criticism? ಠ_ಠ

He (?) wasn't even being a dick, he was trying to help you. If you had bothered to read the whole review, you would've seen it was filled with both tips & praise for the things he felt you did right. Your reaction is uncalled for.
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: Slender Investigation   Slender Investigation EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:26 am

You posted your series on this forum and yet you don't want people to review it? I... I don't quite understand o_o
Back to top Go down
SurvivorXProductions
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slender Investigation   Slender Investigation EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:18 am

Hooligan Spirit wrote:
What's with all these new people and their inability to take criticism? ಠ_ಠ

He (?) wasn't even being a dick, he was trying to help you. If you had bothered to read the whole review, you would've seen it was filled with both tips & praise for the things he felt you did right. Your reaction is uncalled for.
I wasn't being a dick towards him nor was I implying that I was angry at his so called "review"?
I was simply stating that what he did was type out everything that happened.
It's rather annoying.
I want a REVIEW, not a summary.
My response really wasn't meant in cruelty, but if you want to continue to think so, go for it.

BananaBrains wrote:
You posted your series on this forum and yet you
don't want people to review it? I... I don't quite understand
o_o
How in the world was what he said a review?
All I saw was his stating every single thing that happened in my video.
The only "praise" i saw for my video was that he liked the flashlight thing at the end.

Nedark wrote:
Open the door, open the door, open the door. They're
opening it, aaaaannnndddd... it gets stuck. Well, that was
anti-climactic.
As for the door getting stuck, that actually happened on accident.
The doors are in bad shape and we expected them to just open right up.
I had to try so hard not to burst out with laughter when it happened.
Back to top Go down
andywarski
Anxious
andywarski

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Slender Investigation   Slender Investigation EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:55 pm

Yo dude. Just chillax Smile everything is good my friend. I really wanna check this one out however I'm at work till 5 so can't watch till then.

But about the critism, juss chillax. Trust me.
When my series began (realmadnessx) I got crtiscitzed that the first few episodes took to long to get things going and the distortion was WAY over used. I did what you did and began smashing a member of the forum and things did not go well from there. However after some back lash I messaged the member and now we're on good terms. But when I sat back and really looked at what he was talking about, he was right. Instead of being upset, what ended up happenening was me and my team got together and made the series much better. Our views and subscribers went wayyy up, the slenderman comes blog just rated us 8 in her top ten, and people have been saying its becoming one of there fav's.

This is all because I sat back and looked at the crtism and tried making it better. The backlash from my out bust was embarrassing and I regret it. But I've learned and I don't want to see someone with great potential get judged by other members.

I am pumped to watch the series as I have a love for starting new series, but I believe you can get past this and shock the fuck out of the people who are reviewing your series.

Ps - sorry about spelling mistakes, I'm on my phone and there's not spell check Smile

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Hooligan Spirit
Anxious
Hooligan Spirit

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Slender Investigation   Slender Investigation EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:06 pm

SurvivorXProductions wrote:

I wasn't being a dick towards him
I never said you were, I said your reaction was uncalled for. I don't want to derail your thread into an argument about what is and is not a proper review, so I'm going to take a look at your series.

Investigation Day #1
"Dude, I can't see anything."

That quote sums up my experience watching this. Invest in a better flashlight, or film at a time when we can see. It's basically 16 minutes of two guys reenacting Slender, minus the drum score. I liked your distortion effects, but there was a lot of "telling", if that makes sense. Don't tell us you're feeling sick/heard footsteps/saw something — show us. Act like your sick, edit in some stepping sounds, and so on.

Investigation Day #2
Some of your white text/black background infodumps are redundant. You don't need to tell us you're trying to decipher the pages, we can see that. Speaking of pages, this episode was predictable. When you guys walked towards the barrels, I knew you were going to find a page in them. I know your Slender Man actor bailed on you, but the image you edited in here didn't blend well at all, which is a shame because you edited him in good the first episode. There's not much else to say.

You've got potential and a great location, but I'd really recommend breaking away from the Slender formula, and cutting down on your video length. Just my opinion, though. Feel free to ignore it.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Slender Investigation   Slender Investigation EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:14 pm

Simmer down OP. SN is a butthurt free zone. People have opinions, and schlee was giving schlers.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SurvivorXProductions
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slender Investigation   Slender Investigation EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:15 pm

Hooligan Spirit wrote:

Investigation Day #1
"Dude, I can't see anything."

That quote sums up my experience watching this. Invest in a better flashlight, or film at a time when we can see. It's basically 16 minutes of two guys reenacting Slender, minus the drum score. I liked your distortion effects, but there was a lot of "telling", if that makes sense. Don't tell us you're feeling sick/heard footsteps/saw something — show us. Act like your sick, edit in some stepping sounds, and so on.

Investigation Day #2
Some of your white text/black background infodumps are redundant. You don't need to tell us you're trying to decipher the pages, we can see that. Speaking of pages, this episode was predictable. When you guys walked towards the barrels, I knew you were going to find a page in them. I know your Slender Man actor bailed on you, but the image you edited in here didn't blend well at all, which is a shame because you edited him in good the first episode. There's not much else to say.

You've got potential and a great location, but I'd really recommend breaking away from the Slender formula, and cutting down on your video length. Just my opinion, though. Feel free to ignore it.
See, now THAT'S a review.
It was something we filmed very spur of the moment because our Slenderman actor bailed on us, as I stated earlier.
And trust me, we are drawing out storyboards and what-not for the newer episodes.
The lighting will be much better, we will have much better locations, fake puke, blood, all that happy stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slender Investigation   Slender Investigation Empty

Back to top Go down

Slender Investigation
Page 1 of 1