Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Unexplored Ideas

Go down 
+21
DaLadybugMan
thexlastxdalek
ciera800
Glassbeetles
Navaha
Wowcomix
awkwardraptor
CynicalCircle
Lumine
Enigma-Kal
SalvatoreHaran
NearTheEnd
GogoGamerFuss
timeobserver2013
Grandrogue
Etreo
zero
Anateus
River Song
sethlapod555
JosiahMiller
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

Current Win Points : 28

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:38 am

So, just to get everyone's ideas out into one spot, here.
what are some ideas for a Slender-vlog that appeal to you, ideas that haven't been explored.
Concepts that appeal to you but have not yet been executed.
Whether it be behavior from Tall and Faceless, a plot twist, proxy action, main character progression, etc.
Put it here
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TrialofLeaves?feature=watch
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:44 am

Hmm, I had a crazy idea once.

The vlog starts off as a student recording videos in his classroom, whether it be fun in-class discussions or group activites, etc. Later, the teacher begins to act strange, and then disappears. And then the rest plays out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
River Song
Watched
River Song

Current Win Points : 67

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:17 am

I want to see a vlog that focuses solely around a gov't agency or research facility that's focused on trying to destroy or contain Slender Man.

Okay so that's unrealistic. I'd still like to see a series with a lot more heavily-involved gov't investigation crap. Incidentally, this is what I'm going to attempt with my new series. SO... here's hoping THAT works.
Back to top Go down
Anateus
Anxious
Anateus

Current Win Points : 70

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:40 am

River Song wrote:
I want to see a vlog that focuses solely around a gov't agency or research facility that's focused on trying to destroy or contain Slender Man.

Okay so that's unrealistic. I'd still like to see a series with a lot more heavily-involved gov't investigation crap. Incidentally, this is what I'm going to attempt with my new series. SO... here's hoping THAT works.

Slenderman as an SCP is what I want to see.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderhalloffame.webs.com/
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:21 pm

You mean The Bundle?
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:24 pm

Anateus wrote:
River Song wrote:

Honestly, I feel like that could eventually be pulled off, but would make both the Mythos fans and the SCP fans angry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
River Song
Watched
River Song

Current Win Points : 67

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:54 pm

sethlapod555 wrote:
Anateus wrote:
River Song wrote:

Honestly, I feel like that could eventually be pulled off, but would make both the Mythos fans and the SCP fans angry.

It probably would. I'm in both fandoms, and I would hate it. I am, however, exploring a storyline where he was contained, briefly, by an extranormal government science division, but when he inevitably escaped, things went to chaos and they're only now recovering from the fallout, 15 years down the road.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 4:28 pm

I've worked with the government theme before too, told from the point if view of a conspiracy theorist. It was immensely difficult to write and I dropped it pretty quickly, but I always thought the story had potential.
Back to top Go down
Grandrogue
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Children as the main characters. 12-14. They could act in a completely different way than an adult. Ex: Being extremely calm, or extremely ballsy
Back to top Go down
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

Current Win Points : 113

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:15 pm

Have the origin of the Slenderman be based on something else.

Since TribeTwelve and Darkharvest has a Nazi background. How about something similar to an entity pulled from Japanese, Greek, or Norse mythology.

Japan already has a Slendy-like figure for centuries.
Back to top Go down
GogoGamerFuss
Observer
GogoGamerFuss

Current Win Points : 68

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:20 pm

Could we associate it to the Romanian legend that is called Dracula?
I mean, it is random, but think about it!
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/gogafus/
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:02 pm

timeobserver2013 wrote:
Have the origin of the Slenderman be based on something else.

Since TribeTwelve and Darkharvest has a Nazi background. How about something similar to an entity pulled from Japanese, Greek, or Norse mythology.

Japan already has a Slendy-like figure for centuries.
Its possible that MAAAYBE we're working on putting Greek gods/goddesses into our series? Possibly?
I mean its not like I'm trying to be obvious over here.
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

Current Win Points : 73

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:04 pm

In regards to the government thing, my series has that :33

But in mine I am going to explore more of the Path of Black Leaves, even going as far as adding new locations.

Back to top Go down
http://salvatoreharan.tumblr.com/
GogoGamerFuss
Observer
GogoGamerFuss

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Again, vampires should do the trick!(Worst suggestion ever, don't listen to my stupid self)
Back to top Go down
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

Current Win Points : 73

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:19 pm

GogoGamerFuss wrote:
Again, vampires should do the trick!(Worst suggestion ever, don't listen to my stupid self)

I have thought about the use of creatures like that
Would be... interesting xD
Back to top Go down
http://salvatoreharan.tumblr.com/
Enigma-Kal
Untainted
Enigma-Kal

Current Win Points : 3

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:31 pm

You know, I was talking to a user called Incognitus999 about this months ago. He had an idea for a version of the Dracula story wherein the Count WAS the Slender Man. It was partially based off a character named Francis Ayton, a painter who Bram Stoker excised from his final draft of Dracula. Ayton paints a picture of some of the characters in a crowd, only to find that:
Quote :
Upon his return to London and examination of the pictures,
he notices in that scene a tall man in a suit who appears to be
watching the two leading ladies - but he seems to have forgotten to
paint his face. It doesn’t help that he can’t remember the man being
there or what his face looked like in the first place.
He becomes a bit of a devotee of the Count, much like a Proxy.

He was pretty vague on what he wanted to do about Van Helsing, being clear about most of his "Rules" for how the Count operates being implicitly ineffective (except that the Operator-Count would indeed need to sleep in a coffin filled with dirt), but at the same time, wanting the character of Van Helsing to be somewhat competent. It is on this note that I fear I overstepped my bounds in the thread we were discussing the ideas in at the time, as I mentally outlined Van Helsing as being ignorant regarding the nature of the Operator-Count and he wanted to keep him semi-competent, and that most of the weakness wouldn't work would be, he said, only obvious to someone outside the narrative. It was after a few of those responses that Incognitus999 stopped replying. How embarrassed I am at my boldness. Embarassed I do hope he kept on with his idea, I am sure it was a brilliant one.

There's a lot of parallel to be drawn! Very Happy

In terms of using Norse myth, one thing in particular draws my attention...

In the very first (to my knowledge) Slender-Blog, "Just Another Fool", the main character is given a notebook bequeathed from his dead friend, the last surviving member of a military squadron attacked by what is implied to be the Slender Man. Within the notebook, there are multiple references to Yggdrasil, the World Tree of Norse Mythology. There's your "in" to that world, right there.
Unexplored Ideas 832856
Back to top Go down
GogoGamerFuss
Observer
GogoGamerFuss

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Aha! I knew it! Thank you mister Enigma!
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 6:23 pm

You are correct Enigma, Just Another Fool was indeed the first SlenderBlog. Nice post, very eloquent.
Back to top Go down
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 2:50 am

SalvatoreHaran wrote:
In regards to the government thing, my series has that :33

But in mine I am going to explore more of the Path of Black Leaves, even going as far as adding new locations.

You didn't tell me that XD
Back to top Go down
Lumine
Observer
Lumine

Current Win Points : 39

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:10 pm

looks like the government ideas aren't cool anymore. Good god there's so many of us.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/roballencomber
CynicalCircle
Untainted
CynicalCircle

Current Win Points : 1

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 1:06 pm

My current series is exploring two dynamics: proxy alter ego vs. normal persona, and the interaction of three cooperating proxies. I dunno how many people focus on either of those, though I bet the former is more used than the latter.

In terms of drawing from mythology, we've seen a lot of Germanic stuff as well as DH's Egyptian flavor, and various Native American things have been used here and there (the not-very good Windigo and the mild Inuit influences in recent 5zer02 come to mind). JAF touched on the Norse side of things with Yggdrasil references. How often have we seen Judeo-Christian or Middle Eastern influences, though?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/5Five2Two3Three/feed?filter=2
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 1:56 pm

I'm pushing for Japanese and Jewish influences.
Back to top Go down
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

Current Win Points : 113

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Certainly be interesting to throw in a Golem into the mythos Smile
Back to top Go down
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

Current Win Points : 478

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 4:26 pm

What about like, incorporating Bigfoot into the Mythos.

Unless that's already been done before of course.
Back to top Go down
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 5:03 pm

awkwardactor wrote:
What about like, incorporating Bigfoot into the Mythos.

Unless that's already been done before of course.

As long as you don't copy a previous idea, they can always be explored in greater detail
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unexplored Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexplored Ideas   Unexplored Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Unexplored Ideas
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next