Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slenderman appearance in Supernatural

Go down 
+2
TailsFoxy
xyzombie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

Slenderman appearance in Supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Slenderman appearance in Supernatural   Slenderman appearance in Supernatural EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 10:20 pm

In tonight's Supernatural episode called #THINMAN, the Winchesters (and the Ghostfacers) are dealing with this tulpa called Thinman. The idea is that there are a lot of fake photos on the internet of this entity, and that the common lore about it is that it stalks people until it kills them, and eventually it came out into reality due to common belief of its existence. It's tall and faceless, and wears black, though it has enough differences in it to avoid copyright issues - it has slight amounts of hair, and it's more of a trench coat than a suit. Still though the reference is more than obvious.
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman appearance in Supernatural   Slenderman appearance in Supernatural EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 11:18 pm

Honestly, i have no ida why there is such a big mess over it.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

Current Win Points : 113

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman appearance in Supernatural   Slenderman appearance in Supernatural EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:11 am

I guess it should get some attention to the mythos.

Only thing bothering me is that I know some Supernatural fangirls at my school. Yeah...

(not a fan of CW shows either)
Back to top Go down
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman appearance in Supernatural   Slenderman appearance in Supernatural EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:59 am

I would consider myself a fan, I was just bringing this to light since we did the same with Total Drama All Stars. It was nice to see the reference, and it was even more nice that in the end they didn't step on anybody's toes.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Peppercorn
Anxious
Peppercorn

Current Win Points : 24

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman appearance in Supernatural   Slenderman appearance in Supernatural EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 1:15 am

I just think it's cool that Slender Man is relevant enough as a legend to be referenced by something like this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LaPeppercorn
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

Current Win Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman appearance in Supernatural   Slenderman appearance in Supernatural EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 3:54 am

I refer you to this...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TrialofLeaves?feature=watch
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman appearance in Supernatural   Slenderman appearance in Supernatural EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 11:26 am

JosiahMiller wrote:
I refer you to this...

Given the fact that you admit to being out of the loop of the story of Supernatural, I don't see why you decided to watch this episode alone, even if you are aware of the Slenderverse. I found you incredibly hard to watch.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

Current Win Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman appearance in Supernatural   Slenderman appearance in Supernatural EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Yeah you are probably right, I don't care in the end that they based him off of Slenderman. I wasn't upset they didn't do him right. They just really needed to have a better writer handle it. Cause the script was godawful in places.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TrialofLeaves?feature=watch
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman appearance in Supernatural   Slenderman appearance in Supernatural EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 5:34 pm

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman appearance in Supernatural   Slenderman appearance in Supernatural EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:23 pm

Long story short, I'm not okay with it. I've already said my piece about it on tumblr. I have also advised people not to argue with me about it because they'd simply be wasting their time. I'm not going to argue with anyone if they're okay about it, either.
BUT!
You know the crazy Destiel shippers?
And you know how some people get pissed about crazy shippers in the Slenderverse?
I've seen some of the same people getting mad about people shipping in the Slenderverse getting mad at people not okay with the Supernatural episode.
But... the crazy Destiel shippers...
Do you see where I am going with this because apparently they do not
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman appearance in Supernatural   Slenderman appearance in Supernatural Empty

Back to top Go down

Slenderman appearance in Supernatural
Page 1 of 1