Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Video Series: TheCallingOfMe

Go down 
+3
Mollis Cur
Tahrgat
Tiro1000
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiro1000
Watched
Tiro1000

Current Win Points : 146

Video Series: TheCallingOfMe Empty
PostSubject: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:08 am

My roommate found this one, and I haven't seen it on here. (I apologise in advance if someone else already posted this.) Takes place in Australia, which is cool to have a series from somewhere else than the US. So far it seems like your typical found footage Slender Series. Not bad so far.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Observer
Tahrgat

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:53 pm

I first saw this on UF. I like it. I was kinda surprised at how good it was considering how many new series that have come out and that I cared nothing for. A real diamond in the rough.
Back to top Go down
Mollis Cur
Untainted
Mollis Cur

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 9:57 pm

wow. I agree with Tahrgat, I was expecting something rushed and poorly edited and badly written, but it was actually not half bad. I am eagerly awaiting the next entry.

There is a new entry out, just if you guys want to know

Last edited by BananaBrains on Mon May 21, 2012 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double-post merged)
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyMon May 21, 2012 5:01 pm

This is actually very well-done so far, I'm definitely going to keep watching this. In his Location Scouting video, the protagonist showed himself to be likeable, and knowledgeable in terms of filming things, which is ALWAYS a good sign in a video series.

He does seem to be using a lot of things similar to Marble Hornets, in terms of effects and distortion, but I think he does it well and I have no qualms with that.

So, the guy in the hard drive videos has been identified as speaking French. Anyone around here fluent enough for us to get a translation?

Another thing I'm curious about, too, is the fact that there seem to be two proxy channels, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. As far as I can tell, the latter's name means something like "silence truth"? Feel free to correct me on that if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Mollis Cur
Untainted
Mollis Cur

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:22 pm

you are close, It is something like silent truth in Latin
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Observer
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:59 pm

BananaBrains wrote:

Another thing I'm curious about, too, is the fact that there seem to be two proxy channels, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. As far as I can tell, the latter's name means something like "silence truth"? Feel free to correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Thank you for pointing that out! I had no idea about the other two channels!
Back to top Go down
Mollis Cur
Untainted
Mollis Cur

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:16 am

I actually like the location in 0011.MTS, cause you can hear the cars in
the back ground so it gives the appearance that he is in a local area,
but yet the further he goes in the quieter it gets. probably just me but
that makes it a little creepy for me.

New entry is out YAY

Last edited by BananaBrains on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double-post merged)
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:04 pm

Yaaaay backstory! Although our protagonist still claiming to be unafraid? Let's see how long that really lasts him.
Back to top Go down
Mollis Cur
Untainted
Mollis Cur

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:49 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA the proxy channel posted as a response to 0012.MTS

Just thought you would like to know on the status of this... thing, this was posted on his page a while ago

"Listen up guys, new video will be out soon. But. things are getting more serious, this after this next video things will be up to date to where I am now, here some one suggested that I get this to make it easier to contact you guys, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thanks for all your support"

Last edited by BananaBrains on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double-post merged)
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:23 am

bah I was going to post that up, but you beat me to it... in a double-post, my legion of sworn enemies

this could be useful though, if we figure out something he hasn't. and hey! his name is Jake! we have a name! unless I just wasn't listening before >_>
Back to top Go down
Mollis Cur
Untainted
Mollis Cur

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:26 am

nah I don't think it was mentioned before. but we now do have a name now so that is good
EDIT:
Did my post get deleted?

EDIT 2:
silly me I edited my other post Razz
Back to top Go down
NikkiKitten17
Untainted
NikkiKitten17

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:55 am

this series really is good, i'm enjoying it so far, and i like the fact that they don't upload a new video every week. and so far it has my attention :3
Back to top Go down
http://kyounoanime.tumblr.com/
Mollis Cur
Untainted
Mollis Cur

PostSubject: NEW ENTRY   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:45 am

YAY, he is still alive
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:43 pm

Oh yay! I was starting to get worried, what with him being gone so long :<
Back to top Go down
ThyService
Anxious
ThyService

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:59 am

You know the more i think about it, the guy in the videos could very well be Jake himself. "TheCallingOfMe" Maybe Slendy teleported his own hard drive back in time? LOL NO I just made a paradox.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Tahrgat
Observer
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:07 am

ThyService wrote:
You know the more i think about it, the guy in the videos could very well be Jake himself. "TheCallingOfMe" Maybe Slendy teleported his own hard drive back in time? LOL NO I just made a paradox.
That would be an awesome concept. I don't think it will be the case here, but if it is then you surely called it and my mind will still be just as blown.
Back to top Go down
Mollis Cur
Untainted
Mollis Cur

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:20 am

AAAAAAAAAAA

new upload Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:08 pm

Well that was... succinct and threatening. I'm looking forward to the big day now, I hope they've got something awesome in mind for that.
Back to top Go down
Mollis Cur
Untainted
Mollis Cur

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:49 am

ZOMG :3
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:06 pm

We finally have a face!

And in the description there's a "code" that reads
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:24 pm

Heh, and it only took a year for us to get that face. Also, I think the video description is more like leetspeak than any actual code.

Overall I've liked this series, but it's starting to feel kind of slow. I really hope we get some solid story, or some visible action in the near future. There's only so many times a guy can run from nothing until my suspension of disbelief starts to falter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video Series: TheCallingOfMe   Video Series: TheCallingOfMe Empty

Back to top Go down

Video Series: TheCallingOfMe
Page 1 of 1