Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

So I have this video series

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

Current Win Points : 16

So I have this video series Empty
PostSubject: So I have this video series   So I have this video series EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:16 pm

So I got it in my head to make a Slender vlog. I think it's coming along quite well, and I'm pretty happy with it. To date, I haven't discussed it anywhere OOC, and have been waiting for it to be discovered. I dropped a few hints on Reddit, and some people found my channel, I got a few subscriptions off of it, but nothing like I was hoping.

I'm not in it for the subscribers, but I intend on involving my audience as much as is practical - this gets very hard without subscribers. I've been holding off launching it publicly in a place like SN out of concern for the immersion aspect of the story, but the time has come.

I read the site rules, but I was hoping to get some advice on how to properly, with regard to forum etiquette, submit a series in the VLog Trailheads section.
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: So I have this video series   So I have this video series EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:21 pm

Thanks for asking! The easy way, though, is to simply start a tread for it in the subforum. Give us the title of the series, a brief overview or summary of what's happened so far, maybe include a recent video. That's really all there is to it, but if you have any further questions, don't be afraid to ask me :]
Back to top Go down
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

PostSubject: Re: So I have this video series   So I have this video series EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Thanks! I haven't really browsed a whole lot, but my main concern was whether it's good form to promote your own series here vs letting someone else promote it once it's picked up/discovered. Another concern was whether I should promote it OOC or IC, but the forum rules specifically said not to post in-character.

Also, I promise not to drop the link and run. I get pretty busy and outright forgetful so it might be a couple days between posts, but I promise to stick around. From what I've seen you guys are really awesome and friendly.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: So I have this video series   So I have this video series EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Wait, hang on. Double take here guys. You're not going to plug and run? And you're not in it for the subscribers? And you're not using a £35K budget? And you have read the rules and you will stick around?

I think I'm in love.
Back to top Go down
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

PostSubject: Re: So I have this video series   So I have this video series EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Etreo wrote:
Wait, hang on. Double take here guys. You're not going to plug and run? And you're not in it for the subscribers? And you're not using a £35K budget? And you have read the rules and you will stick around?

I think I'm in love.

<3

Love you right back.
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

PostSubject: Re: So I have this video series   So I have this video series EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Oh no, it's totally great form to promote your series here, as long as you don't do it in-character (which we've already established). And I, like Etreo, am charmed by your manners and consideration before posting up your series :'D
Back to top Go down
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

PostSubject: Re: So I have this video series   So I have this video series EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Looks like I'm going to have to wait a couple days to post a link, I waited too long to sign up, and I haven't passed my 7 day probation yet. All in good time!
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: So I have this video series   So I have this video series EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:10 pm

You can't post a direct link yet, but if you were to accidentally drop the name of your series in a post then another member might accidentally find it on youtube and then a thread might accidentally get made about it.

I don't even think that's against the rules, so all these accidents could even be on purposes instead. I'm certain I've seen it happen before. And you went ahead and made an aces first impression, so I don't think anyone would raise a stink about it in any case.
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

PostSubject: Re: So I have this video series   So I have this video series EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:12 pm

Yes, if someone else wants to start the tread, that's totally fine too. As we've established DKaine is not just a plug-and-runner, it should all be fine xD
Back to top Go down
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

PostSubject: Re: So I have this video series   So I have this video series EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:24 pm

You guys are the best, seriously. I was worried about negative reception, and here you are with open arms.
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: So I have this video series   So I have this video series EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Open arms?

I wave my genitals in your general direction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I have this video series   So I have this video series Empty

Back to top Go down

So I have this video series
Page 1 of 1