Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The minor theories thread

Go down 
+47
xyzombie
Hallow Sleeper
dasuberchin
The_Jewels_91x
sethlapod555
Grifen411
guitargler
Crusergirl
`shadE
Crawford Chaser
Ladnek
gbetch
TearsOfTheAmazon
Malus
vitofthemasked
MockingJay
joshmanfree
Nego
Broeckchen
bilo
Apples
TheVman22
MadameMiz
cowboyghostie
Slynesh
Sachael
Vivi
Zander
looby
quofomo
SuperRob45
DarkKaizer
Lux
Bard
PARADOX intent
Ulysses
WhiteWolf
Omega
Alice
BlackWolf
Mr. Jeebles
Satyrcynic
Neomenia
zero
Nedark
Empty
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
WhiteWolf
Observer
WhiteWolf

Current Win Points : 61

The minor theories thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 3:08 am

^I'd pay to see you do that to someone!
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:21 pm

Does anyone get the feeling that Masky will be unmasked at the end of season 2? I keep getting that feeling....
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:25 pm

I don't think so, its pretty apparent that it's Tim, we may find out his motive though.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Ulysses
Anxious
Ulysses

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Masky isn't Tim. They're making it way too obvious for there not to be a twist when the reveal comes.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Anxious
Alice

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:42 pm

If we're being minor, can I ask who Jay showed the text to in Entry #26?

Quote :
As soon as I showed the picture, everyone agreed "41810" had to be date.

At this point, Jay's been isolating himself. No one comes with him to the house. He's staying in hotels rather than with friends. He says in the entry he wants to move away and forget about everything. As far as I know, he never tweeted the text or posted it on Youtube. This is the first reference of any kind that he's been talking to people about what he's been working on.

So, who's everyone?

My theory, minor as it is, is Jay either was lying when he said he showed people (or else was wandering the hotel, showing honeymooners and tourists his phone like "WHAT DOES THIS MEAN, GUYS?") or thought he showed it to people when he didn't. I suppose he could have shown it to his family when they asked questions about why he was moving but wouldn't that have required him to explain he's being stalked? Furthermore, does anyone even think Jay has family left? I'm getting a Dead Parents vibe from him.

I think it's unlikely he went the police (what I would have done the second I saw the footage in Entry #19). Any thoughts on who he showed it to?

...yeah, I'm starting to miss MH. Two weeks is a long time to go without uploading. Entry #34 better be up soon.
Back to top Go down
http://holisticalice.livejournal.com/51505.html

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:51 pm

In regards to the number: I was reading the SA thread for MH because I'm such a wannabe goon I was still researching everything I could find about Slendy on SA. I recall when they were discussing the number's significance. Some people suggested it could be a zipcode, but that was quickly shot down. (If you didn't know, in-character Jay posts on SA.) I assume he accepted that explanation because that's what they meant it to be in the first place, and therefore things ended up working out that way.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Anxious
Alice

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:55 pm

Ah, I didn't realize he posted on SA. Right then. Ignore my ~wild accusations~.
Back to top Go down
http://holisticalice.livejournal.com/51505.html
Empty
Observer
Empty

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:30 pm

The Marvelous Trail Man is the Operator, and totheark.
It's so obvious.
Back to top Go down
PARADOX intent
Watched
PARADOX intent

Current Win Points : 56

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Empty wrote:
New one:

The audio distortion is Slenderman talking.
He only causes video distortion.

Because not having a visible mouth =/= being able to verbally communicate.

I've had this thought before. :3

It does make sense, if you think about it. Slendy just doesn't have a mouth that we know of, so he can still make noise, right?

Stay outta my head, you.
Back to top Go down
http://myloverskitten.deviantart.com
Bard
Anxious
Bard

Current Win Points : 48

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:04 pm

The A/V distortion that the Slender Man causes can rub off on humans.
This is why stuff is distorted around Timmasky (Either he hangs out with Slendy a bunch 'cause he's a puppet, or he spends a lot of time running from him - take your pick) rather than just Slendy. The distortion in #32 was because either Timmasky or Slendy was in Jessica's room at some point during/prior to the entry. And #35...well, you can come up with your own reasons. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:45 pm

Bard wrote:
This is why stuff is distorted around Timmasky (Either he hangs out with Slendy a bunch 'cause he's a puppet, or he spends a lot of time running from him - take your pick) rather than just Slendy. The distortion in #32 was because either Timmasky or Slendy was in Jessica's room at some point during/prior to the entry. And #35...well, you can come up with your own reasons. Wink

Yes times a bajilion and ten! Only problem is some say Entry # 19 Slendy was right outside the window but I was thinking this same theory myself.
Back to top Go down
Empty
Observer
Empty

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:05 pm

Bard wrote:
Isn't this canon? Or at least so accepted it might as well be?
Back to top Go down
Lux
Anxious
Lux

Current Win Points : 9

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:22 pm

If it is, though, why hasn't Jay been affected yet? Given the 'infected' can pass it as well as slendy. The same thing goes for all the early entries with Alex, they only begin to distort when slendy/something important is on screen.

Of course I'm probably wrong, I only watched each entry one time x:
Back to top Go down
DarkKaizer
Untainted
DarkKaizer

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Alright, I might as well put up my totally trip-worthy theory as my first post outside my welcome thread.

The Maskies are Ascended Beings.

Why do I think this? For one, in one of totheark's responses to a comment (in which he was asked if J could be trusted) he says, "Human, therefor no."

Alright, if we go with the theories that there are multiple Maskies, AND that they are all cooperating on a single Youtube channel, then we can assume that they aren't "human" because of this. They are ascended beings, either created to work for Slender Man, or against Slender Man. No one really knows, but my guess is that they work for him.

If this is true, then the next time we see Tim, read as: "the next time we're not watching tapes and see Tim", his leg won't be messed up anymore. Reason? He's an ascended being whose abilities surpass that of a normal human.

tl;dr: Masky tackles things with no fear because he isn't human anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:12 pm

DarkKaizer wrote:
Alright, I might as well put up my totally trip-worthy theory as my first post outside my welcome thread.

The Maskies are Ascended Beings.

Why do I think this? For one, in one of totheark's responses to a comment (in which he was asked if J could be trusted) he says, "Human, therefor no."

Alright, if we go with the theories that there are multiple Maskies, AND that they are all cooperating on a single Youtube channel, then we can assume that they aren't "human" because of this. They are ascended beings, either created to work for Slender Man, or against Slender Man. No one really knows, but my guess is that they work for him.

If this is true, then the next time we see Tim, read as: "the next time we're not watching tapes and see Tim", his leg won't be messed up anymore. Reason? He's an ascended being whose abilities surpass that of a normal human.

tl;dr: Masky tackles things with no fear because he isn't human anymore.

That's good but the problem is we already saw Tim. Entry #35 took place in the past, somewhere in those 7 months. When Tim was seen in Entry #33, he still had a limp. Now unless the Masky in the Hotel wasn't Tim it might explain some, but why would an ascended being have a limp?
Back to top Go down
DarkKaizer
Untainted
DarkKaizer

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Takes time to heal. It's obvious that a rock like that would deal more damage than what he appears to have been left with, even after 7 months.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:29 pm

DarkKaizer wrote:
Takes time to heal. It's obvious that a rock like that would deal more damage than what he appears to have been left with, even after 7 months.

But taking time to heal refutes your idea that he would be healed the next time we saw him due to his ascended powers. Without that, the only evidence you have is the "Human, therefore no" comment, which only provides a reason why totheark doesn't trust J.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
SuperRob45
Untainted
SuperRob45

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:30 pm

Obviously it takes about a couple of months to heal from a broken bone. More than likely it was a fracture, because those actually do take more time to heal than it being broken.

Last edited by SuperRob45 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DarkKaizer
Untainted
DarkKaizer

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:30 pm

Omega wrote:
DarkKaizer wrote:

But taking time to heal refutes your idea that he would be healed the next time we saw him due to his ascended powers. Without that, the only evidence you have is the "Human, therefore no" comment, which only provides a reason why totheark doesn't trust J.

>implying the next time we see Tim will be soon.

Edit: Also, we don't really know how much damage was done with the rock. The camera cut right as Alex was about to hit Tim. For all we know, he could have hit him more than once. It was way more than a broken bone, most likely.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:32 pm

DarkKaizer wrote:

Then what your saying depends on your definition of ascended being. IMO, an ascended being would be just about as immune as Slendy would be to a rock to the leg.
Back to top Go down
DarkKaizer
Untainted
DarkKaizer

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
DarkKaizer wrote:

Then what your saying depends on your definition of ascended being. IMO, an ascended being would be just about as immune as Slendy would be to a rock to the leg.

Ascended as in "something is working through his body". Not that he's actually BECOME a divine or unholy being. Just saying that with Slender Man (or something else) working through him, Tim would be more likely to heal from permanent injuries (such as a giant rock stabbing through your leg, leaving it permanently construed).

Also, would you like to imagine Masky going to a doctor? Don't really think that would fly myself.
Back to top Go down
SuperRob45
Untainted
SuperRob45

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Something I'm thinking of, what if J is being possessed? What if he doesn't remember it because of the possession? It's just a thought, and I know that there is more to being possessed, and if he is, then it can't be a demon, obviously. If it were a demon possessing him it would more than likely start showing signs, darker eye lines, ect.
Back to top Go down
DarkKaizer
Untainted
DarkKaizer

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:38 pm

SuperRob45 wrote:
Something I'm thinking of, what if J is being possessed? What if he doesn't remember it because of the possession? It's just a thought, and I know that there is more to being possessed, and if he is, then it can't be a demon, obviously. If it were a demon possessing him it would more than likely start showing signs, darker eye lines, ect.

Thus, another theory:

Whenever Jay is being controlled by Slender Man, he has a random memory lapse.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:38 pm

DarkKaizer wrote:
Mr. Jeebles wrote:
DarkKaizer wrote:

Ascended as in "something is working through his body". Not that he's actually BECOME a divine or unholy being. Just saying that with Slender Man (or something else) working through him, Tim would be more likely to heal from permanent injuries (such as a giant rock stabbing through your leg, leaving it permanently construed).

Also, would you like to imagine Masky going to a doctor? Don't really think that would fly myself.

But we haven't seen any instances of him healing faster; all we've seen are instances of him not healing faster.

Your claim entirely relies on the belief you have that A) We will see Masky again soon, and B) He will not be injured in any way when we see him, neither of which are claims you can support.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
SuperRob45
Untainted
SuperRob45

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:44 pm

DarkKaizer wrote:
SuperRob45 wrote:

Thus, another theory:

Whenever Jay is being controlled by Slender Man, he has a random memory lapse.

Good point, but like I said, it's still just a theory at this point, but maybe it's only affecting his brain to where he's only being controlled by the side of his brain he's not using? Maybe because he's being controlled by the other side of his brain, the side he's mainly using isn't getting the waves to remember from the other side?
Well that's a bad idea, but hey it was worth a shot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The minor theories thread
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next