Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"

Go down 
+7
Etreo
Mr. Jeebles
Death
aGamingFish
level100nidoking
Cougar Draven
Outlander
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Outlander
Anxious

Current Win Points : 6

Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Death wrote:
Your idea is unoriginal, but not without potential. If you make the characters interesting, and make the situation intelligible, you could make something good. But it'll take all the more work because the idea has been done before. The details may be different, but the ideas the same. Focus on the details, make them quality, and you may make a good story.

Hmm. I see what you mean. I'm trying not to go down the route where everything becomes convoluted do to crossovers with other SlenderVlogers. I'm gonna make mine a bit isolated, and that, I think, will help for the story. Although, I am probably gonna go few the overall script a while making it the best it can be. My ideas for the characters is have each represent an archetype (their archetypes tie directly into their Proxy names), but have the archetype itself have depth to it.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:38 pm

Cougar Draven wrote:
So we've reached the point where you have decided that you are going to do a thing, and if anyone says anything that is negative toward your thing, you're just going to ignore it and call it a "bad attitude".

What you don't seem to understand, is that I've been nice to you, at least, as far as I am nice to people. I have not been vulgar, I have not told you to play in traffic, and I am venting my ample rage at you in Skype chats. You are being unnecessarily defensive about your pet project because you can't handle a little bit of criticism.

You didn't make an introductory thread, but I'll tell you here what I would have told you there: You probably won't enjoy it here.

Cougars pretty much correct. You could have at least tried to say hi to us with an introduction instead of straight to "watch my shit".
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:43 pm

level100nidoking wrote:
Cougar Draven wrote:
So we've reached the point where you have decided that you are going to do a thing, and if anyone says anything that is negative toward your thing, you're just going to ignore it and call it a "bad attitude".

What you don't seem to understand, is that I've been nice to you, at least, as far as I am nice to people. I have not been vulgar, I have not told you to play in traffic, and I am venting my ample rage at you in Skype chats. You are being unnecessarily defensive about your pet project because you can't handle a little bit of criticism.

You didn't make an introductory thread, but I'll tell you here what I would have told you there: You probably won't enjoy it here.

Cougars pretty much correct. You could have at least tried to say hi to us with an introduction instead of straight to "watch my shit".

To be honest, I didn't know there was an introduction thread. I admit it was an oversight on my part not to look harder for the introduction thread. I'll get on that now.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:02 am

Hey!
hey cougar!
Calm down
like jesus shit
he's new, give him a chance
you've been backseat modding
and frankly you're becoming a bigger ass than me
which, by all means congratulations, is really bad in this situation
sooooo
Warning for cougar.
Also nidoking shut up
you seem to go around piggybacking off of everything someone says when they're being a bit cruel to a new member
Warning for nidoking
Look at that shit
I did some modding

Welcome to the forum outlander
it's always like this
always
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:10 am

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
Hey!

Welcome to the forum outlander
it's always like this
always

Thanks for the help. Also for the warning. I'll keep it in mind.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:11 am

Ugh. I'll do this publicly, as opposed to sending a PM. Outlander, I was unfairly harsh with you last night. I'm going through some shit, and instead of being a rational adult I fired back at you without justification. For that, I apologize.

If you're still interested, I would like to talk with you about your idea, and if I can offer any real help (instead of just yelling at you mindlessly), I'll try to do so.
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 2:26 pm

Cougar Draven wrote:
Ugh. I'll do this publicly, as opposed to sending a PM. Outlander, I was unfairly harsh with you last night. I'm going through some shit, and instead of being a rational adult I fired back at you without justification. For that, I apologize.

If you're still interested, I would like to talk with you about your idea, and if I can offer any real help (instead of just yelling at you mindlessly), I'll try to do so.

Apology accepted! I hope you work out whatever is going on with you. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:15 pm

All right, let's try this again. I guess I'm having trouble understanding what makes your vlog idea unique. Can you run through that again for me?
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:35 pm

Cougar Draven wrote:
No? You don't?

Are you watching the same EMH as I am?

I was just browsing through this flamewar, when BAM! SPOILER!

Thanks a bunch there Cougar.
Back to top Go down
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 2:32 am

Cougar Draven wrote:
All right, let's try this again. I guess I'm having trouble understanding what makes your vlog idea unique. Can you run through that again for me?

It's 1:30 for me right now, and i'm tired. I'm gonna talk with the rest f the cast tomorrow, and i'll get back to you.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 2:36 am

Outlander wrote:
Cougar Draven wrote:

Apology accepted! I hope you work out whatever is going on with you. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

I also apologize for that short comment of assholery I made.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:42 am

Outlander wrote:
Cougar Draven wrote:

It's 1:30 for me right now, and i'm tired. I'm gonna talk with the rest f the cast tomorrow, and i'll get back to you.

At your leisure. That's the bonus about forums. They generally don't go anywhere.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:49 am

It honestly doesn't seem like a horrible idea. Sure it's not a completely original idea, but not a lot in the Slenderverse (excluding the Big Five and some of the vlogs and blogs that are really up there) is.

My advice to you is to review your idea a few times. Maybe touch up a few things. Go really in-depth with your writing to make sure the story is very detailed and thorough. Spend a decent amount of time with it, but don't overthink it or overdo it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:17 pm

Oh, frequent reviews and possible rewrites are a must for any idea. I also recommend beta-readers (that can work for scripts as well) and possibly beta-watchers as well.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:04 pm

Cougar Draven wrote:
Oh, frequent reviews and possible rewrites are a must for any idea. I also recommend beta-readers (that can work for scripts as well) and possibly beta-watchers as well.

DEFINITELY go with that advice as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:31 pm

- COUGHbetawatchers/readersCOUGH-

With the slenderverse, originality I quite difficult to achieve if your restricting yourself to Slendy. Http://www.thefearmythos.wikia.com If you use the other Fears, it gives you a lot more room to
Manoeuvre.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Etreo wrote:
-
quite difficult to achieve if your restricting yourself to Slendy. Http://www.thefearmythos.wikia.com If you use the other Fears, it gives you a lot more room to
Manoeuvre.

This literally cannot be said enough times. It might be hard to do if you have only experience with slendy, but it will probobly be worth it. Like how everymanHYBRID only got better when it added the rake.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:45 pm

I for one would love to see you try out the plague doctor. Obviously, it's your series an it's ultimately down to you, I just feel that he would be quite a good character to introduce in conjunction with ol' Slendy.
Back to top Go down
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:55 pm

As interesting as the Plague doctor sounds, I think the Nightlanders would be better. Think about it, on the run from Slendy, 3 of the group already turned, we look over, and there is a random shadow.

HOOLYCRAPPLEASENOIWANNALIVEDON'TKILLMEANDMYLOVEDONES!!!!!!!

Hmm. I like it.

Updates: We have our final cast. Here are their real names and their Proxy names.

Caleb The Warrior
Davis The Runner
Hudson The Thinker
Logan The StoryTeller (Slender Man)
Madeline The Maiden
Roman The Watcher
Ryan The Loner
Taylor The Knight

I'm starting to agree with Cougar. Big party. Good thing is, we all live pretty close to each other, and we don't all have to be there at the same time. We'll see if we can work out a schedule, and work from there.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:13 am

^All of that reminds me of the Sages from the Core Theory stuff.
Back to top Go down
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:19 am

Zander wrote:
^All of that reminds me of the Sages from the Core Theory stuff.

Oh? And what is that?

Also, i've been doing some Proxie research. I'm thinking that our proxies will be a cross between A Hollowed and an Agent. They'd be under Slender Man's control, but would still retain a trace from their former life. They'd have better dexterity, and would use more than brute force to fight. They'd also be distinguished from one another. Mainly by fighting styles, but, possibly, by the masks they wear.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:46 am

Here, take a look at this thread. It explains it better than I could.
Back to top Go down
Death
Observer

Current Win Points : 73

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:37 pm

Outlander wrote:

Caleb The Warrior
Davis The Runner
Hudson The Thinker
Logan The StoryTeller (Slender Man)
Madeline The Maiden
Roman The Watcher
Ryan The Loner
Taylor The Knight
... Question. Is Madeline the only female, and if so is that going to be her character? feminism marches on
Also, by labeling your characters like this you may severely limit their potential growth, and fall into a lot of bad stereotypes.
Back to top Go down
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:18 pm

I was planning on that, yes. I hate to let you guys know this, but, I was intending on pulling a My Little Pony. (The part about ponies) Have each character a stereotype, but, give the characters depth in the process. Anyone know what i'm talking about?

((Sorry for the Double Post))

After looking through both the Core Theory and the Fear Mythos, I kinda want to do a combination. We do as suggested and have the team fill roles. Kind of like a chess game, they get taken out by Slender Man and the Nightlanders. Sanity crumbles, minds break, and it all goes to crap.

Last edited by BananaBrains on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit your first post to avoid double-posting)
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:25 am

I would try my best to not fall into Core Theory if I were you. It has a lot of negative stuff attached to it as far as a lot of tge verse is concerned. and yeah...titles like that seem a sure way to fall into shitty stereotyping, especially when you have a female character.whos only role is to be the female character
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next