Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"

Go down 
+7
Etreo
Mr. Jeebles
Death
aGamingFish
level100nidoking
Cougar Draven
Outlander
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Outlander
Anxious

Current Win Points : 6

Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:34 am

TheFallenenvoy wrote:
I would try my best to not fall into Core Theory if I were you. It has a lot of negative stuff attached to it as far as a lot of tge verse is concerned. and yeah...titles like that seem a sure way to fall into shitty stereotyping, especially when you have a female character.whos only role is to be the female character

Ya. I see your point. I was thinking their personalities determine their titles, not the other way around.

Hmm. I'l think about a new title.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:19 pm

I weep for Core Theory. I really do.

As for the "everyone gets a stereotype" thing, I worry about that. It seems like a great way to get a lot of bad press, so to speak. I guess basically what I mean is female character good, female character whose character is "she's a girl" bad.
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 6:21 pm

Cougar is right. Attatching these labels to your proxies isn't a great idea. However, I like the concept of the vlog being told from a proxy point of view, and Slendy being known as the "Story Teller" is something unique and pretty awesome IMHO.

Last edited by Etreo on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:49 pm

A few thoughts.

Minion Cam: What if the Proxies and maybe the Nightlanders could record video? Then, the video would be posted on the channel by the minions. Give both sides of something.

Titles: what if the titles were to describe fighting style? We can't fight Slender Man, but, we sure can fight other Proxies.

New name: The Huntress?

Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:35 pm

Point-responses:

Minion-cam: Excellent idea (also giving me an idea for a parody video which I want to record now), basically the "totheark" model of channel. Honestly, I'd thought this went without saying.

Titles: Titles don't really speak to me. I don't see why they're necessary (and it was one of my major, major problems with Core Theory as a whole) and the more you limit someone to a certain niche instead of letting the character develop itself, the more you pigeonhole your writing.

The new name is all right, but I would just go ahead and caution you to stay away from gendered language as a whole. (Unless you're working in German, in which case you're essentially fucked on this score.)
Back to top Go down
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:45 pm

Cougar Draven wrote:
Point-responses:

Minion-cam: Excellent idea (also giving me an idea for a parody video which I want to record now), basically the "totheark" model of channel. Honestly, I'd thought this went without saying.

Titles: Titles don't really speak to me. I don't see why they're necessary (and it was one of my major, major problems with Core Theory as a whole) and the more you limit someone to a certain niche instead of letting the character develop itself, the more you pigeonhole your writing.

The new name is all right, but I would just go ahead and caution you to stay away from gendered language as a whole. (Unless you're working in German, in which case you're essentially fucked on this score.)

Titles: I see what you mean. Hmm, I think I'l take your suggestion to heart. No titles.

Name: Ya. I see how that could be bad. But, it is no longer relevant.

http://storytellertm.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:47 am

titles for "fighting style"?

This sounds like it could devolve into anime-combat at any moment. I would avoid that shit xD
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:32 am

Whoa, whoa whoa whoa.

"Anime combat"? I am totally okay with this I can't even tell you.
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:10 pm

Cougar Draven wrote:
Whoa, whoa whoa whoa.

"Anime combat"? I am totally okay with this I can't even tell you.

/ignores that part of his series where slendy gets stabbed with a katana

yes but do you want anime proxies running about jumping off buildings all the time? Razz
Back to top Go down
ChaosGamma
Observer
ChaosGamma

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:50 pm

TheFallenenvoy wrote:

yes but do you want anime proxies running about jumping off buildings all the time? Razz

What, you mean like the Slenderblogverse?

I'm sure a couple people jumped off a couple buildings a couple times. And we had a guy with a sword. Several, actually. And that's not even getting into the proxies...
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:53 pm

All right, all right, all right. I don't want anything in a video that I'm not completely willing to do myself.
Back to top Go down
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:13 pm

http://storytellertm.blogspot.com/

This is going to be in conjunction with the Vlog. The Storyteller will be recounting the Vlog in story form in his own way. So, the Daniel's Vlog and The Storytellers Blog will be parallel.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Although this sounds OK, I don't think you fully understand the amount of effort you are undertaking. 2 blogs that run parallel with a vlog may seem like something that mightn't take too much time out of your life, but you'd be surprised. At 13 you should be enjoying life instead of being huddled over a computer 24/7. There's the health concerns and stuff, but once you hit 14/15 on to college and then uni, your life is dominated by exams, coursework and deep anxiety about your increasingly high piles of the aforementioned things. It's good to have a hobby, but this is going to take a lot out of you.
Back to top Go down
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:45 pm

It's only one blog. And, besides, I'm a writer. This is what I do. I do enjoy life. I get good grades. I'm a wrestler. I'm in the chorus. And, I still have quite a bit of time to spare. I think I can take a semi-regular Blog and a Vlog.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:08 pm

If you can do it, do it. I'm not trying to scare you away from it, you've got a good concept and I think it will work. I just wanted to give you a heads up.
Back to top Go down
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:44 am

Due to my stupidity, the blog has been recreated here: http://thestorybooktm.blogspot.com/

Also: Would anyone be willing to make a picture for me? Specifically, a picture of a black suit, and a face distorted by a big blur and static.
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:51 am

If it isn't possible to do it yourself, you shouldn't be doing it at all.

- Rule #1 of slenderverse creation.
Back to top Go down
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:53 pm

I'l take that as a guideline.

My request stands.
Back to top Go down
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:50 am

Started messing around in Gimp with a stock photo of a man in a suit. Here's what I got out of it.

Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 Storyt10

I no longer need that pic. Turns out, I took The Fallen's suggestion after all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"   Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller" - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Slender Man Vlog Idea "StoryTeller"
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3