Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Open Source characters

Go down 
+47
housecat94
Thage the Minithulu
DannyMurrayLives
FreedomCaged
Lero
proxiehunter
ExorcistGamer
arsenicPopsicle
Linners
LoveHopeRainbows
Stormecho
3quency
Crawford Chaser
Malus
PlanetNiles
bracko81
SykeInsider
Ladnek
Michenab
Alder
AdmirableJellyfish
altiumvidetur
Konaa
darkje
Rev Loon
Bard
Zuckerman
Blue Eyes
ChaosGamma
LisaEvermore
Broeckchen
Mellori
SliceandDice
alliterator
Sam4books
CuteWithoutThe
Zander
Seann
DaLadybugMan
Shayde
Alice
Maduin
GLaDOS
Mr. Jeebles
Omega
Roninator
zero
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
altiumvidetur
Anxious
altiumvidetur

Current Win Points : 68

Open Source characters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:44 pm

Hola, open source character time~

I recently finished my blog/experiment with de META called Once. It's a little fifteen post thing written by some guy who calls himself the Author. I left his purpose pretty open-- he can be an asshole who's nevertheless trying to help the protagonists with cryptic foreshadowing or a proxy tasked with writing the biographies of the runners or even just some creepy stalker guy. His motivations can be molded to suit whatever purpose people wish for.

Characterization stuff: The Author won't show his face or even interact with his characters if it can be helped. He's incredibly pretentious and he thinks he is better than you whether he is or not. If someone dislikes how he writes or what he does he tends to accentuate their bad traits and ignore their good traits. He loves SYMBOLISM and motifs, and foreshadowing. He's also a fan of purple prose and twenny dollar words. Think a wannabe Lovecraft with half the charm.

So yes. Feel free to use him if you get sick of writing in first person. or if you want to punch him in the face.
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:46 pm

Its not a character, but an item. I had zero throw away Kay's jade elephant, cept now it's all black and such. I don't mind if someone recovers it someday, it's out in Ohio or such.
Back to top Go down
AdmirableJellyfish
Untainted
AdmirableJellyfish

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 12:08 am

So, I don't actually know if anybody wants to use this, and it's less a character than a group, but hey. I'll put it out here if anyone needs them.

NOCTIS CUSTODES:

Usually known as 'The Noctis' (despite that being REALLY bad Latin), Noctis Custodes are a group that has been scattered all over the world in clumps of about three to six. They claim to rescue children from Slendy. Really, they sacrifice other people to buy the kid time. It's sort of a knight templar thing. If you want any more information, PM me or something. I'll be happy to give you some.
Back to top Go down
Seann
Anxious
Seann

Current Win Points : 31

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:22 am

Concerning the Archive:

There are two kinds of field operatives employed by the Archive: Collectors and Martyrs. Collectors gather data on supernatural activities and recruit new members (note that since all Archive members must have been memory-wiped by the Blind Man, they probably shouldn't fulfill that second function for non-Fear Mythos blogs). Martyrs are soldiers who are sent in whenever the Archive or one of its members are threatened. So, if you were to, say, hold a Collector hostage, then a team of Martyrs would be dispatched to kill you and save the Collector.

All Archive operatives are designated by their position followed by a Greek Letter (e.g. Scribe Sigma or Collector Delta). The shortened form is (letter)(Greek character) like SΣ or CΔ.

Anyway, if you want to use Collectors or Martyrs for your blog, that's fine.

redundant post is redundant

Last edited by Seann on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alder
Observer
Alder

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 4:23 am

If anyone wants it, my blog has a book people might want to use:
It's called "The Walking Willow; A Legacy of Murder Throughout the Ages" and was written by a H.R. Bleakley (not his real name). It's a study of Slendy activity, and analysis/theorizing. Rather similar to The Navidson Record. It's rather show-offishly written, often wrong and lacks editing, but it's still too close to the truth to be safe to read. It WILL be enough to tempt Slendy; indeed, that's actually why it was made. I've used excerpts on my blog. To make sure you don't contradict anything, the entries are in may, and all begin with page numbers.

Oh, and there are only, like 40 copies. No-one would publish it after people started disappearing.

Feel free to use for all your mythology needs!

There'll be more for this thread from my blog once it's done.

Last edited by Alloflifedecays on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:29 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/
Seann
Anxious
Seann

Current Win Points : 31

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 6:43 am

From The Archive: Archive Collectors and Archive Martyrs.

Collectors gather field data and recruit new members. They don't run experiments or analyze data, but instead they observe and, well, collect. Naming scheme designation is "Collector (insert Greek letter here)". A "Collector Delta" has already been briefly talked about on The Archive.

Martyrs have the job of protecting the Archive's assets. They are highly trained black-ops soldiers who are sent in to protect/save Collectors who are in danger, retrieve stolen data, etc. As the name suggests, each on is prepared to die while serving the Archive. "Martyr (insert Greek letter here)"

I can think of no reason why any other bloggers would need to include Analysts, Scribes, Keepers, or Inquisitors in their stories, so those Archive jobs will NOT be open source at the present time. Although, if your character happens to come across a VERY large sum of money and wants to see some classified data, talk to me about Brokers.
Back to top Go down
Michenab
Untainted
Michenab

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:12 am

I have two open source character to release:

Alexis and Charlie. They are a couple, though the relationship has been somewhat strained since encountering the Slender One. Alexis plays the role of the calm, collected leader, guiding the pair through many ordeals. Charlie swears by M's rules and is quite paranoid and often rude to outsiders. Alexis serves to temper Charlie's moods and keep him in check. Charlie's main benefit to the group is a keen survival instinct which, combined with Alexis's common sense and direction, has kept the two alive throughout the time they have been running. Alexis is about 18 and Charlie around 19. Charlie has knowledge of basic first aid.

To see them in action before they became open source, check out my blog which is listed as my website.
Back to top Go down
http://michenab-fatheroflight.blogspot.com/
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

Current Win Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:53 am

Necro-d because I find it useful. I'm not very far along in my blog yet, but I will add a couple of my characters to be open-source.

Also, what's a good blog to find out more about Fisk and how he acts?
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:01 am

I'm not sure, I don't believe Fisk himself has ever been seen, probably best to keep it that way then, since by now we all have our own ideas.

At least until he shows up in Zeke's blog, if ever.
Back to top Go down
SykeInsider
Untainted

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:33 am

For the time being my blog* doesn't have anyone of this nature, but one of my characters later down the road could potentially be open-source. I have a plot worked out for him, but after that he's kind of fair game and I think it'd be cool to see other people make reference to him. Yay for contributing to the canon, amrite?!

*if ya dont know im not telling you. figure it out.

Razz
Back to top Go down
bracko81
Untainted
bracko81

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 9:51 am

Consider the characters of Finding the Darkness (http://findingthedarkness.blogspot.com/) Open Source, if you want to use them.

Im done with that story, making way for a new story I'm writing. If you want to use them, go for it, just send me a message so I can read about what my characters are doing Smile
Back to top Go down
Alder
Observer
Alder

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:29 pm

MAIN CHARACTER POST WHAT.

So, I've got a character I'm renting out from my blog. No, not like that.

Karrina Dawkins (Kari - Blog: http://boxofpreciousthings.blogspot.com/) is a 19-year old Brit from Eastbourne, East Sussex. In terms of appearence, she's modelled on my friend Hannah, who played her in a video we did for the blog. She's short, about 5'3, with very long brown hair, and - sometimes - a shaved bit on the right side from above her ear forward, although her hair may have changed since she went on the run (I could imagine her cutting most of it off). Big blue eyes, rather pretty. You can get the picture from the video. She prefers dark clothes - jeans, hoodies, black t-shirts, and these days probably steals most of her clothes, so some will be ill-fitting.

She has a history of illness. She's allergic to just about every allergen going, and has been identified as carrying the genes for Muscular Sclerosis. She also generally has a shitty immune system.

EXPERIENCES
Spoiler:

PERSONALITY:
Spoiler:

I'm planning to do more with this character, so please, no long-term impacts upon her unless ABSOLUTELY OKAYED WITH ME, and keep me posted with what's going on. I'm fine with both cameos and long-term story involvement, though for any long-term stuff, it'd be nice if you could let me know what's going on in advance so that I can okay it. Other than that, please, go nuts, and let me know if you're using her, because I want to read it!

Last edited by Alder on Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PlanetNiles
Untainted
PlanetNiles

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Alder, I could use Karrina. I could do with some crossover with other British-based Slenderblogs. It feels odd that the Department are investigating Slendy but not any of the other slenderblogs.

http://departmenty.wordpress.com/
Back to top Go down
http://departmenty.wordpress.com/
Alder
Observer
Alder

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:47 pm

Go for it. Remember: She's manipulative, untrustworthy, and playing towards her own ends, though she'll be perfectly polite and charming throughout. She's also deadly smart. She is, however, flighty and emotionally unstable.

EDIT: Also, it's generally Kari, rather than Karrina.

Last edited by Alder on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:49 pm

Alder wrote:
It's called "The Walking Willow; A Legacy of Murder Throughout the Ages" and was written by a H.R. Bleakley (not his real name). It's a study of Slendy activity, and analysis/theorizing. Rather similar to The Navidson Record. It's rather show-offishly written, often wrong and lacks editing, but it's still too close to the truth to be safe to read. It WILL be enough to tempt Slendy; indeed, that's actually why it was made. I've used excerpts on my blog. To make sure you don't contradict anything, the entries are in may, and all begin with page numbers.

Oh, and there are only, like 40 copies. No-one would publish it after people started disappearing.

Just letting you know, Alder, but I mentioned this book in my blog. One of the characters got a hold of one, and while my main character, Arthur, doesn't know what it is, I've hinted that the other character knows the contents.

... If that makes sense.

Is that alright?
Back to top Go down
Alder
Observer
Alder

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Malus wrote:
Alder wrote:

Just letting you know, Alder, but I mentioned this book in my blog. One of the characters got a hold of one, and while my main character, Arthur, doesn't know what it is, I've hinted that the other character knows the contents.

... If that makes sense.

Is that alright?
Go ahead. as I mentioned, contents and writing style are on Simon's blog, on the posts that start with page numbers.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Thanks! I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Crawford Chaser
Untainted

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:10 am

I have decided to jump on the bandwagon and have Omega make a cameo in Door To Ashes. You will be encountered by my protagonist while he is being introduced to a group of runners. All I'll say is that this Omega is capable of Slender Walking and occasionally shows up to help the runners.

Edit: Omega you're in the latest post on Door To Ashes.

Last edited by Crawford Chaser on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding information)
Back to top Go down
http://sleeping-bat.livejournal.com/
3quency
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:01 pm

First time poster, hi.

The Paladin (how refers to himself)
or
The Searcher

A short man dressed remarkably like a federal agent/MIB. He will often show people identification to that allusion but no agency will admit he is theirs, and Agent Fisk (with permission of his creator) will openly admit he has never heard of the man.
He always has a slight smile and acts generally in a friendly fashion to those who encounter him.
However, he will soon stray onto his favourite topic: the Slender man.
He refers to him generally as "our mutual acquaintance" or the gentleman in black. Anyone who spends enough time with The Paladin should easily figure out that he is actively seeking out Slendy.

The Paladin will not explain his motives but he is most certainly driven in his quest.
What is odd is that he has not yet been successful. He has never encountered the slender man or even any proxies. Name a major event in the mythos and he will have been as far away from it as can be.

Unfortunately for those around him, they are not as safe.
Any who have not previously met slendy almost certainly will after encountering the Paladin.

Whether or not he is human is ambiguous at best. He has never been recorded to have been in combat, though certain witnesses claim they are glad of this.

Any takers?
Back to top Go down
Stormecho
Untainted
Stormecho

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:11 pm

I miiight make some use of The Paladin in my blog before it hits full on Slendy.

My rough timeline is that the character gets a proxy threatening her and Slendy is there - but she doesn't see him. And then maybe I could throw in the Paladin to kickstart the actual sighting and to cause some paranoia. It'd really be a good way to ease in more.

...If someone has a proxy who is planning to stay around and alive for a while, and is happy to plot, contacting me would be great. 8D I want a kidnapping. x3
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:12 pm

heh, Stormecho I remember when you were so lethargic about blogging, you were going to let ole Zero do you in, what changed your mind?
Back to top Go down
LoveHopeRainbows
Anxious
LoveHopeRainbows

Current Win Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Just as a random run in..

I'm going to be killing off another Omega soon.

I can't wait! ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://fearmythos.blogspot.com
Stormecho
Untainted
Stormecho

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:40 pm

I initially agreed to that because I thought it'd be a more original way of ending it, and then I got burn out thanks to school and being stupid enough to not plan much in advance.

This is a new blog, and I'm setting it up so that at least I have a rudimentary framework until Slendy shows up.

...I still feel horrible for not going through with Zero killing her thought. D: I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
Linners
Untainted

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:41 am

Stormecho wrote:
...If someone has a proxy who is planning to stay around and alive for a while, and is happy to plot, contacting me would be great. 8D I want a kidnapping. x3

I may have a proxy for ya', depending on what kind of proxy you're looking for. That said, if my proxy is good for what you need, I'd be glad to pitch him in. C:
Back to top Go down
arsenicPopsicle
Untainted
arsenicPopsicle

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:11 am

Zero, I just thought I should let you know that I used your concept of the Bleeding Tree in If Ye Cannot Bring Good News (the tie-in to my main blog), but I kinda.... took some liberties with it to make it fit into my mythos. ;__; I hope you don't mind. Yell at me if that's not okay, and I will find another idea to use for that part of the story.

((Also, Omega, would you be interested in making an appearance in my strange little bastard of a Slenderblog?))
Back to top Go down
http://dripsanddrabbles.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open Source characters   Open Source characters - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Open Source characters
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next